Anna Olson, a food blogger and author of “Tiny Coconut Cream Pies,” shares her recipe for these delicious treats.
Anna Olson is a food blogger who has made some delicious pies. The recipe for the Tiny Coconut Cream Pies includes coconut cream, sugar, and salt in addition to chicken.
Chef Anna Olson’s incredible kitchen is serving up Coconut Cream Pies, and she’s going to show you how to make them from scratch!
Follow the steps in the recipes below!
- 1 batch refrigerated 2-crust pie dough, fashioned into 2 logs
Filling: Coconut Cream
- 1 can coconut milk (398 mL)
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) vanilla bean paste or extract
- 5 big yolks of eggs
- 70 g sugar, 1/3 cup
- cornstarch, 5 tbsp (38 g)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (45 g) at room temperature
- 15 mL rum (1 tbsp) (optional)
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut (70 g)
Assembly and Topping
- 2 c. whipped cream (500 mL)
- 3 tbsp sugar (38 g)
- 8 g skim milk powder (2 tbsp)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- garnish with gently toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- Pull the dough out of the fridge 20 minutes before spreading it out for the crusts. Each log should be cut into three pieces and rolled out to a thickness of slightly about 14 inches on a lightly floured work surface. Prepare six 5-inch individual pie shells by lightly dusting them with flour and lining them with pie dough, trimming the sides completely. Allow 20 minutes for the pie shells to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 C). Place an empty pie pan over each pie shell after docking the bottom with a fork. Invert the pie shells and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the shells for 8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius), then reduce to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Remove the top pie pan and flip the pie shells right side up. Allow the shells to cool.
- Heat the coconut milk and vanilla bean paste (or extract) in a saucepan until just below a boil for the coconut cream filling. In a mixing dish, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch, then slowly pour in the heated coconut milk while stirring. Return the mixture to the saucepan and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the custard is thick and glossy. Pour through a strainer, then add the butter and rum (if using), followed by the coconut. Place a layer of plastic wrap immediately on top of the custard, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set.
- Whip the cream to a soft peak before adding the sugar, skim milk powder, and vanilla extract.
- Stir to soften the coconut cream filling (it will be fairly stiff), then fold in 34 cup of whipped cream. This should be spooned into the chilled tart shells and leveled. The remaining whipped cream should be piped or dollopped over each pie, and toasted coconut should be sprinkled on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The pies may be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
Anna Olson’s Tiny Coconut Cream Pies are a delicious and easy dessert to make. Reference: coconut cream pudding.
- anna olson apple pie
- jello coconut cream pie recipe
- coconut cream pie near me
- banana pie recipe