This is a recipe for an apple crisp that is baked in the oven. It’s best served warm with ice cream or whipped cream, but it can be eaten as is too.
The easy apple crisp recipe is an easy, delicious dessert that can be made in a matter of minutes. It’s the perfect way to end a meal or serve as a side dish.
In Chef Anna Olson’s wonderful kitchen, apple crisp is on the menu, and she’s going to show you how to create it from scratch! Follow the steps in the recipes below!
Brown butter is used in the crisp topping of this apple crisp, giving it a lovely nutty fragrance that goes well with the apples.
- 6 cups (900 g) peeled and sliced apples (such as Gala, MacIntosh, or other sweet, eating an apple)
- 14 cup maple syrup (60 mL)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 12 cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 14 cup normal rolled oats (115 g)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (50 g)
- 12 cup (100 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C).
- In a 6-cup (1.5L) baking dish, layer the sliced apples (any shape). To coat the apples, stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepot, melt the butter over medium-high heat until it browns and has a nutty fragrance (once the foam subsides, it should be done). Remove from the equation.
- In a mixing dish, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the browned butter until it is completely combined. Spread this evenly over the apples and bake for 45 minutes, or until a paring knife inserted in the middle of the crisp yields readily (the crisp should be bubbling at the edges.) Allow 15 minutes for the crisp to cool before serving.
Anna Olson is the creator of apple crisp food network and she has created a mouthwatering apple crisp recipe. The recipe includes cinnamon, sugar, butter, flour, and apples.
- apple crisp topping recipe
- apple crisp without oats
- apple crumble nigella
- how to cut apple for apple crumble
- apple crumble pie recipe youtube