Anna is a professional cake maker and has been in the business for over 10 years. She loves to bake, and her secret ingredient is carrots! This carrot cake is light, fluffy, and so tasty that you will want to make it again and again.
The award winning carrot cake recipe is a delicious and moist carrot cake that has been awarded with a gold medal. This recipe is from Anna’s blog, which is full of amazing recipes.
Carrot Cake is on the menu in Chef Anna Olson’s incredible kitchen, and she’ll show you how to create it from scratch! Follow the steps in the recipes below!
- 150 g (1 12 cup) peeled and finely shredded carrots
- Vegetable oil, 90 mL (6 tbsp)
- dark brown sugar, 150 g (3/4 cup)
- 30 g honey (4 tsp)
- 6 g (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- a single big egg
- 1 big yolk of an egg
- all-purpose flour, 125 g (3/4 cup)
- 1.5 g (1/2 tsp) cinnamon powder
- .75 g (1/4 tsp) black pepper, ground
- 1.5 g baking powder (1/2 tsp)
- Baking soda, 1.25 g (1/4 tsp)
- 1.25 g fine salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 75 g (1/2 cup) raisins or pineapple crushed (well-drained)
- Place six 150 mL (5-fl.oz) ramekins in a pan with sides that are higher than the ramekins and grease them. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Hand-whisk the carrots, oil, brown sugar, honey, ginger, egg, and egg yolk in a large mixing basin until equally combined.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, pepper, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate basin. Stir this into the carrot mixture by hand until it is uniformly mixed (the batter will be very wet). Add the raisins and mix well (or pineapple). Divide the mixture among the ramekins that have been prepared.
- Cover the pan with foil or a lid and pour boiling hot water around the ramekins halfway up the sides. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of a carrot cake comes out clean. Remove the ramekins to a cooling rack as soon as possible, and let the cakes cool for at least 30 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature. Run a palette knife along the inner edge of each ramekin before turning the cake out onto a platter to serve.
The cake may be served plain or with ice cream, crème fraiche, and/or caramel sauce on top.
Anna Olson is the author of anna olson cake recipes which are the best carrot cakes that have ever been made. The recipe is easy to follow and makes a beautiful dessert.
- ina garten carrot cake
- how to make moist carrot cake youtube
- moist carrot cake recipe
- carrot cake with pineapple