So you’ve got the grill out, the wood chips in the box, and two pounds of chicken wings in the fridge. But what to do with them? How do you get them to taste like the restaurant special?
I like to think of stuffed chicken wings as one of the best finger foods out there, especially when they’re brined, smokey, and delicious. If you make them for yourself, they can be a little labor-intensive. I come up with great recipes for them, and then leave them to the non-cooks in my family, who usually end up with hopelessly underseasoned, dry, and charred wings.
When I think of summer recipes, the first thing that comes to mind is grilling. The experience is different for everyone, but the most popular choice for people looking to cook something tasty is to make a steak. The coals are hot, the flow of air is rythmic, the smell is enticing, and the meat is cooked to perfection. For people who are looking to make something similar but a bit different, the best choice is to make grilled stuffed chicken wings.
Due to the skill of deboning the chicken, special grilled filled chicken wings are a well-respected Cambodian appetizer and traditional meal. It’s marinade and preparation are authentically Khmer. A taste that will have you drooling for the rest of the day!
|10 drumsticks or wings of chicken (900 gram)|
|1/2 pound (225 grams) minced pork or chicken|
|2 cup bean thread noodle, soaked and diced in warm water|
|1 cup minced lemongrass (fresh or frozen)|
|4 coarsely sliced fresh galangal root slices|
|6 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|3 chopped chili peppers|
|1 small sliced brown onion|
|1 teaspoon black pepper from Kampot|
|1 teaspoon sugar (brown)|
|1 teaspoon sauce de poisson|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
The recipe for Special Grilled Stuffed Chicken Wings may be found here.
- Cut around the chicken bone with a tiny, sharp paring knife. Push the skin and flesh down to reveal the bone by easing the flesh away from the bone. To shatter each bone, carefully pull it out. Carry on with the rest of the chicken drumsticks/wings.
- Garlic, lemongrass, galangal, and chile should be pounded to a paste in a mortar and pestle.
- Preheat the grill or the BBQ.
- Mix the newly produced paste, minced meat, bean thread noodle, onion, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper together in a big mixing dish.
- The mixture should be stuffed into each boneless chicken.
- Finally, sauté the chicken over medium heat until it is well done.
- Serve with a Cambodian pickle on the side.
- Stuffed chicken may be frozen for up to a week.
- It’s possible to bake it in the oven.
Please have pleasure in it.
Khmer Red Chicken Curry is a related recipe.
daily value in percent
Total Carbohydrate: 69.1g (25%)
Cholesterol 239mg 80% Cholesterol 239mg 80% Cholesterol 239m
15 g of total fat 19 %
Saturated Fat 4.1g (21% Saturated Fat)
Fiber in the Diet 1.1g 4%
156 percent protein, 77.9 grams
413 milligrams of sodium (18%)
4 percent sugars 1.8g
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
These are easy to make and are very delicious. Here’s what you will need: 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 1 teaspoon of onion powder 1/4 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs 1/3 cup of white vinegar 2 pounds of chicken wings, separated into drummettes and tips 1/2 cup of soy sauce 1/2 cup of brown sugar 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke 2 teaspoons of garlic powder 2 teaspoons of onion powder Salt and pepper to taste “. Read more about chinese stuffed chicken wings and let us know what you think.