What do you do when you are not sure what to cook? You go on google and search for the nearest or best place to get it. That is what I do most of the time. And as usual the best places will get crowded. I tried few places and there is one that will never get crowded in the long run. I found an Indian restaurant in my neighborhood and decided to have lunch there.
Fish Fries are very popular in India. So whenever someone offer us fish fry, we always say yes. But when we have it, we always feel guilty after because we are eating fish. So now we are sharing some amazing fish fry recipe on this page.
“Chepala vepudu (Fish fry)” is a simple dish prepared with fish. Fish fry is a tasty dish made with fish and spices, it is a very healthy and nutritious meal. You can serve fish fry with Idly, dosa, pooja, and all types of rice. You can also serve it as a starter.. Read more about fish fry recipe and let us know what you think.
Chepala vipudu is a delicious fish fry from Andhra Pradesh (fish fry). Any firm fish (freshwater or seawater) may be used, such as sea bass, rohu, carp, king fish (Vangaram), and so on. I used four thick, medium-sized pieces. Everyone has their own version of a fish fry. For the fish fry, I constantly experimenting with various seasonings. Because of the seashore, we have excellent seafood in Vishakhapatnam, as well as fresh water fish near my grandparents’ house (Anantapur). Everyone enjoys fish fry, which may be served with plain rice, rasam, or any dal, or just as a beginning.
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
Andhra Pradesh cuisine
Spiciness: Very spicy
- 4 medium-sized chunks of carp (Cutla)
- 2 tbsp onion (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tiny onion
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 15 or a few curry leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- No need to use water to grind all of the aforementioned components (excluding the garnishing) to a paste. Remove the paste from the mixer and set it aside in a basin.
- The marinade should be a thick paste, not a dry paste.
- Place the fish pieces on a plate or a larger dish, and evenly massage the marinade over each piece of fish. The marinade should completely cover the fish.
- Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or overnight, covered with a lid or cling film.
- While frying, prepare it half an hour ahead of time and then cook it.
Fish is fried.
- Preheat the pan, kadai, or tava with enough oil for shallow frying; once hot, add the marinated fish pieces one at a time, cooking them in batches.
- If you flip the fish right away, the coating will fall off with it.
- After a few minutes, flip the fish pieces over and wait 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook the fish until it is well cooked and the coating has become a dark crimson color and is crunchy.
- In the meanwhile, flip the fish and cook it. Cook the fish in a uniform manner. Also, don’t flip the fish too many times. The fish cooks quickly.
- The fish gets firm after it has been fried.
- Fry the fish in batches and place it in a dish or platter when done.
- Finally, when frying the fish for the last batch, I simply added a few curry leaves to the same oil for garnishing. Curry leaf has a wonderful crisp and crunchy flavor.
- It will take 10 to 12 minutes to fry, depending on its size, over medium heat.
as a garnish
- Heat the oil in a small kadai or pan, then add the onion, green chilies, and curry leaves. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent, and the green chilies are cooked.
- Simply drizzle a few drops of lemon juice over the fish pieces. It has a better flavor.
- It goes well with rice and fish curry, as well as basic rasam and dal.
- When rotating the fish, try to use tongs.
- Only flip the fish once it has been cooked on one side.
- Only place the fish on the tava when the oil is hot; otherwise, the masala will cling to the pan and spill out.
- Once the oil is heated, cook it over medium heat, not high.
In our country, fish is the main source of protein for people. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time to shop and cook fish. There are many methods to cook fish, but not all are good. In some of the methods, the person may not get good results. The person might get mouth ulcers or stomach pains because of the poor quality of fish. In other methods, especially in coastal areas, the person has to buy fresh fish and have to be very careful about how to handle the fish. In the following method, the person can easily prepare the fish using a pressure cooker.. Read more about fish fry videos and let us know what you think.