This cauliflower is the perfect base for a low-carb, high-fat keto dish. It’s simple to make and has an amazing flavor!
This mashed cauliflower keto is a recipe for smashed cauliflower with parmesan cheese that’s perfect for KETO diets.
When low-carb cauliflower is sautéed rather than mashed, it tastes great. It’s not the silky smooth keto cauliflower mash with excellent texture you’re looking for. You may also puree it in a food processor for a smoother result.
Recipe for Low-Carb Smashed Cauliflower
Our version is a wonderful chunky smashed cauliflower that is cooked with garlic and olive oil beforehand. The sautéed cauliflower adds a wonderful taste to the dish, and it’s so delicious that you may want to double the amount! It’s low in carbs and sugar, making it ideal for serving as a side dish. The best part is that it’s minimal in calories and much healthier than mashed potatoes. If you want to make it extra healthy, use less cheese and olive oil instead of butter. This is the ideal side dish for any dinner party or holiday gathering. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy a low-carb Thanksgiving dinner without mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower Smashed with Ease (Video)
How to Make a Healthy Cauliflower Smashed Recipe (photos)
- Fresh cauliflower should be chopped into bite-sized pieces. If using frozen cauliflower, defrost it and drain any extra water with a paper towel. Fresh cauliflower, on the other hand, has a lot superior taste and is less mushy than frozen cauliflower.
- After the garlic has been sautéed in butter, add the cauliflower. Cook until the cauliflower has become a golden brown color.
- Add the milk and seasonings and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- For more information on the dish, see the recipe box below.
- If you want a really smooth version, pulse it in a food processor until it reaches your desired texture.
Leftover Keto Cauliflower Mash Storage Tips
- Leftovers may be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Do not freeze cauliflower since it will leak a lot of water when it thaws. And the end effect may be soggy vegetables.
- This meal may be reheated in the microwave and garnished with a dab of butter or a handful of parmesan cheese before serving.
Smashed Sautéed Cauliflower (Low Carb)
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Time allotted: 30 minutes
This famous meal is made with sautéed cauliflower, which has a lot of taste. Allow the mixture to cool before processing it in the food processor for a smoother texture.
- 1 (one) medium cauliflower head (about 2 pounds-910g)
- 2 tblsp olive oil or butter (30 ml)
- 3 garlic cloves (3 garlic cloves), minced
- 1 1/2 cup milk (360 mL) (low fat, whole, almond or soy)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (50 g) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5 ml) or to taste
- black pepper, freshly cracked, to taste
130 calories, 8 grams of carbohydrates, 7 grams of protein, 8 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat, 10 milligrams of cholesterol, 578 milligrams of sodium, 383 milligrams of potassium, 2 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar, 125 milligrams of vitamin A, 47 milligrams of vitamin C, 193 milligrams of calcium, 1 milligram of iron
Dish of the Day:
Low-carb, vegetarian cuisine
Here are some additional low-carb vegetable dishes to try.
This recipe was first published in 2019 and then updated with new pictures in 2021. Enjoy our healthy air fryer cauliflower, low carb cauliflower pizza crust, or a sandwich prepared with this cauliflower. You can make this using low-carb bread! Let us know if you’ve tried any of our recipes in the comments. Also, thank you for the 5-star rating!
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
posted in: 30 Minute Recipes, Gluten Free, Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Paleo, Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetables, Vegetarian 1 comment
A keto cauliflower mashed potatoes with heavy whipping cream recipe that is easy to make and low carb.
- cauliflower mash with cream cheese
- healthy cauliflower mash
- qdoba cauliflower mash copycat recipe
- keto mashed potatoes not cauliflower
- best cauliflower mashed potatoes