I must admit I was intimidated when I first turned to the keto diet. I was worried that the low carbs would lead to a less hearty meal, and I was looking for a way to make my Chicken Divan even more flavorful and tasty. What is the best low carb chicken divan recipe you can offer?
You know how there are times you just “need to eat”? That’s when you make this Keto Chicken Divan – [Best] Low Carb Chicken Divan Casserole. This is hands down the best low carb meal you can make and it’s quick too! It’s simple enough for a busy weeknight, but tasty enough to be a special treat on a weekend. This recipe uses all the same ingredients as my famous Low Carb Chicken Divan Casserole, but with the extra added bonus of being low carb and keto-friendly!
The cornerstone of the low carb diet is fat. Eating fat will make you feel physically satiated, and it can help you maintain a healthy weight. This is why many low carb diets promote eating fatty cuts of meat, such as beef, pork, and lamb.
Keto Chicken Divan – Made with chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and cauliflower rice, this low carb chicken divan dish is the perfect comfort meal.
What is the meaning of Chicken Divan?
If you haven’t read it yet, I already published the normal non-keto version of this dish on my blog, so go check it out.
So, what exactly is Chicken Divan? It’s a casserole dish developed by chef Lagasi that’s often served with broccoli and Mornay sauce. The name was given in the early twentieth century by the Divan Parisien Restaurant at the New York City Chatham Hotel, where this meal was served as the trademark dish. The term ‘Divan’ alludes to a large hall or meeting place.
It’s made with ordinary Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese in today’s American casserole recipes.
Can I Make This Keto Chicken Divan Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! This keto low carb chicken divan may be prepared the night before or in the morning and baked whenever you want to serve it.
What Is The Best Way To Serve This Keto-Friendly Chicken Divan?
When I make this for lunch, I simply enjoy it and eat it all by myself, with nothing on the side to accompany it. However, it goes well with a green salad, low-carb biscuits, or mashed cauliflower.
- I used fresh boneless chicken breasts, but canned chicken breasts may also be used. You may also substitute canned tuna for the chicken.
- If you don’t like broccoli, substitute spinach and mushrooms (cook the mushrooms with the broth to absorb excess liquid).
- Broccoli may easily be substituted with leftover sautéed kale or frozen kale.
- Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of curry for the sauce if you want to create keto chicken divan with curry.
Divan Casserole with Keto Chicken (Low Carb)
This low-carb keto chicken divan dish, prepared with chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and cauliflower rice, is the ultimate comfort meal.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, tiny
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 10 tsp. black pepper, cracked
- 1 quart chicken broth (or broth)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower (or 3 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 quart of thick cream
- mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- a smidgeon of parsley
- Processor (food)
- 8-pound casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Fill the pot halfway with water and add both chicken breasts. Bring to a boil and simmer until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Make rice out of your cauliflower by blending it in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic and onions for 2 minutes.
- Combine the spices with the onions and mix thoroughly. Stir constantly until the onions are tender.
- Add the cauliflower and the chicken broth after it’s softened. Cook for 10-12 minutes with the lid on.
- When the time is nearly up, inspect it and remove it from the pot, setting it aside.
- Add the lemon juice and heavy cream to the saucepan and cook for approximately 10 minutes on low, uncovered. Make sure it doesn’t burn out from the bottom by stirring in between.
- Add the mayonnaise, stir thoroughly, and remove from the heat.
- With a fork, shred the chicken and add half to the cauliflower cream mixture and the other half to the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish.
- On top of the chicken, layer steamed, chopped broccoli (or roasted broccoli).
- The chicken and cauliflower cream combination should be on top, followed by the cheddar cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the tin foil and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
So, Guys, I hope you like this quick and simple keto chicken divan that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb chicken divan casserole. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Keto Chicken Divan – [Best] Low Carb Chicken Divan Casserole, a Keto Chicken Divan Recipe that is so delicious! How to make Keto Chicken Divan – [Best] Low Carb Chicken Divan Casserole: Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Step 2: Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, garlic, onion, dill pickle, parsley, salt and pepper. Step 3: Place chicken strips on a baking sheet. Step 4: Layer the chicken strips with the mayonnaise mixture. Step 5: Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Step 6: Serve with salad greens.. Read more about keto chicken casserole cream cheese and let us know what you think.