If you are trying to lose weight and lose it fast, you probably already know that low carb diets are pretty much the worst thing for your health. The reason is pretty simple: if you cut out carbs completely, you’ll be depriving your body of the nutrients it needs to function properly, which can lead to a host of health problems, from bad breath and achy muscles to depression and dizziness. On the other hand, if you cut out fat, you might end up gaining weight instead of losing it. So what should you do? The answer is found in the type of fat you’re eating. Most people think of saturated fat as the worst evil of them all, but the truth is, they are all bad. First of
If you’re looking for a good high fat snack for the upcoming holidays that won’t ruin your low carb diet, look no further than Top 3! This month’s Top 3 includes the snacks we like the best, personally, and that we think are worth trying. One of our goals with Top 3 is to ensure that our readers know what’s worth trying and what isn’t, so that they can make the most informed choices when they are looking for snacks to satisfy that snack craving.
It’s not easy to find the best high fat low carb snacks, especially if you are going to be eating them all the time. It’s a tough decision when you’re on a budget, whether to buy expensive foods or try to find cheap alternatives. But, it is well worth the effort to find the best high fat low carb snacks because, once you find them, you will be eating these foods all the time.
Finding High Fat Low Carb Snacks to replace your previous snacking habits may be one of the most difficult aspects of the keto diet. Many individuals also suffer with having a high fat-to-protein ratio at the end of their day. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite go-to snacks that take less than 5 minutes to prepare and will help you finish your day on a high note! Keep an eye on this page since we’ll be adding additional snacks as they’re prepared.
Recipes for Quick Snacks
1. Bulletproof Bone Broth/Chicken Broth: For the period between lunch and supper, Megha’s favorite mid-day snack is this. Blending some heavy whipping cream, butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil into the soup for a wonderful warm afternoon snack is a fantastic way to simply boost your butter.
- 1 cup bone broth/chicken broth 1/2 cup boiling water 1 tablespoon of butter 1 tablespoon thick cream a quarter teaspoon of pink salt
Instructions: In a blender, mix all of the ingredients and process for 20 seconds, or until smooth. Pour into a glass and take a sip. Note: You may simply alter the ingredients in this recipe to suit your preferences, and you can even add spices before blending!
2. Crispy Parmesan Hard Boiled Eggs: This is our favorite pre-dinner snack and movie snack! If you have hard boiled eggs and Parmesan on hand, it just takes a few minutes to prepare and is a wonderful mix of protein, fat, crunch, and tastes! By adding spices and drizzling with olive oil, you can make them as simple or as complicated as you like – our favorite Italian twist on this dish!
- Ingredients: 2 hard cooked eggs, lengthwise cut 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for coating flat surface of egg) Optional add-ons include: 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Instructions: Heat a small pan over medium-high heat and pour the grated Parmesan onto a dish. Apply olive oil to the flat side of each egg half with your fingertips and put in the Parmesan. If the cheese doesn’t attach properly or at all, use your palm to firmly push it onto the egg. Place the coated Parmesan side down in the heated skillet. Allow for 1-2 minutes of crisping. When the cheese is finished, it will solidify and brown. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to boost the fat content!
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 people who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and fresh recipes every week!
3. Chocolate Whipped Topping Dessert: Of the three, this is by far our favorite high-fat snack. We prepare it nearly every night before supper and keep it in the fridge for a post-dinner treat! It just requires two to three basic ingredients, plus any other ingredients you want! To create a chocolate cheesecake bowl, Matt likes to add almond extract while Megha likes to use cocoa powder and sour cream. This is ideal since it is entirely composed of fat, giving it a delectable way to finish your macros at the end of the day!
In a mixing bowl, combine the hwc and beat until firm peaks form. With the hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, stevia, and cocoa powder. Eat right away or chill for an hour to get the most out of your whipped topping in a bowl!
Frequently Asked Questions
What snacks are high in fat and low in carbs?
What can I eat that is high in fat but no carbs?
You can eat a lot of fatty foods like butter, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
What can I snack on that has no carbs?
Low-carb snacks include nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.