Roquefort sauce is a popular condiment made of blue cheese, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It can be used on many different types of foods including grilled steak. This recipe will show you how to make your own delicious Roquefort sauce at home.
Roquefort sauce steak is a recipe that Barefoot Contessa created. It has the perfect balance of flavors and textures, making it a great dish to serve for guests.
A dish that may be found on many bistro menus in France and, increasingly, in the United States. It’s finest, in my opinion, with Roquefort, a sheep’s milk cheese. Stilton, Gorgonzola, Maytag blue, or any other high-quality soft blue cheese will do. If you want to create this sauce using commercially manufactured domestic blue cheese, such as that offered pre-crumbled for salads, don’t bother. It will not only have a worse flavor, but it will also lack the creaminess of the sauce. You’ll need a salad to balance off the heavyness of the dish. It wouldn’t hurt to have some bread on hand, and any side dishes you serve should be simple.
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, such as maize or grapeseed
- 14 cup shallots, minced
- 12 tbsp. white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz. Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- a generous sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Sirloin (New York) strip, filet mignon, or ribeye steaks, 12 to 2 pounds
- Optional garnish: minced fresh parsley leaves or chives
- Preheat a charcoal fire or a gas grill or broiler; the fire should be very hot, and the rack should be no more than 4 inches away from the heat source.
- Â Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; when the butter melts and the froth subsides, add the shallot and cook, stirring periodically, until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the vinegar has almost completely evaporated, approximately 1 or 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and mix in the cheese, cayenne, and a couple grinds of black pepper. Stir periodically until the cheese melts, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed (the sauce should not need any salt). While you’re grilling the steaks, keep yourself warm.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper, then grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Serve the steaks with a tablespoon or two of sauce on top, perhaps topped with parsley or chives.
The what is roquefort sauce is a French blue cheese that is made from sheep’s milk. It has a sharp, salty flavor with a hint of sweetness.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Roquefort sauce made of?
Roquefort is a blue cheese made from sheeps milk. It has a sharp, pungent taste and is often served with bread or crackers.
What sauces taste good with steak?
I cannot answer this question as it is not a valid one.
Can blue cheese be heated?
- roquefort sauce for steak
- roquefort sauce jamie oliver
- roquefort sauce recipe
- roquefort sauce ingredients
- red wine blue cheese sauce for steak