Grilled seafood salad is a very popular dish in the United States. The ingredients are simple, but the preparation can be time-consuming.
This grilled seafood salad is a great recipe for summer. It’s easy to make, and you can have it done in 30 minutes! Read more in detail here: grilled seafood recipes.
- 12 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, diced
- 14 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus more to taste
- 12 ounces scallops (sea)
- 12 ounces cleaned squid, just the bodies
- 1 can (15 oz.) white cannellini beans, washed and drained
- arugula leaves, 3 oz (about 6 cups)
- 2 peeled carrots sliced into thin strips (approximately 2 inches long)
- 12 oz. yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (approximately 2 inches long)
- 1 big radicchio head, leaves detached
For most American palates, some of the seafood, particularly squid, may be a little foreign. But don’t be afraid: the fishmonger may sell you already cleaned squid, and all you have to do is rinse, grill, and slice it.
- Heat the oil in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and herbs for approximately 30 seconds, or until aromatic. Allow it cool to room temperature before whisking in the lemon juice and 12 tsp salt and pepper. Set aside the dressing.
- Preheat a ridged grill pan over a medium-high flame or a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat. Dry the scallops and squid using paper towels before brushing them with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and seasoning with 12 teaspoon salt and pepper each. Scallops and squid should be threaded onto skewers and grilled until barely cooked through, approximately 2 minutes each side. Allow to cool fully. Cut the squid crosswise into 14-inch-wide rings after removing the scallops from the skewers.
- Combine the beans, arugula, carrots, and bell pepper in a large mixing basin. Toss with just enough dressing to coat the vegetables. To taste, season with additional salt and pepper.
- On each of four plates, arrange one big or two medium radicchio leaves. Fill the radicchio cups halfway with bean salad, then top with scallops and squid. Serve with the remaining dressing drizzled on top.
Grilled salmon salad is a dish that can be made with many different types of seafood. Reference: grilled salmon salad.
- cold seafood salad recipe
- summer seafood salad
- salad that goes with seafood
- grilled clambake
- summer salads