These are the best cookies I have ever tasted. The dough is so light and fluffy, it melts in your mouth. They are covered in a glaze that is sweet without being too much.
The cookie doughnuts are a delicious treat that can be made with just three ingredients. They are easy to make and taste amazing!
Cookies with Glazed Donuts are soft, pillowy donut-shaped cookies topped with sprinkles and a beautiful chocolate or vanilla glaze! Everything you love about donuts, but in the shape of a cookie!
Our family has always enjoyed maple bars, so when I came up with the idea to create maple donut cookies, I couldn’t wait to put it to the test! I used my Soft Buttermilk Sugar Cookie dough recipe because, unlike other donut cookies, which are cut out of conventional sugar cookie dough, I wanted them to taste and feel like donuts. OMG! was the end outcome! They’re fantastic! I’m going to introduce you to your new favorite cookie, so rejoice! They’re soft and pillowy cookies that are wonderfully sweet and topped with a beautiful glaze. Sprinkles are optional, but they’re a lot of fun! Please take the time to read my notes and see the video. Donut Cookies aren’t difficult to prepare, but the dough may be sticky, so I provide some advice on how to deal with it.
What is the best way to create buttermilk sugar cookie dough?
A great sugar cookie recipe, like this one, starts with a terrific recipe. Gather your ingredients and begin by adding the wet components in the recipe’s recommended sequence. Then, gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Please don’t skip the following step; this dough must be chilled! Chilling it for at least an hour, as well as in between batches of cookies, is recommended.
Donut cookies: a step-by-step guide
Donut cookies are a little different than normal cookies, so here’s how to make them successfully. To begin, knead the dough using an electric mixer. A KitchenAid mixer is what I use. Mine is fantastic! I have a Bosch as well, but I like to bake with my KitchenAid. Every mixer comes with a cookie paddle that you can connect to the top of the mixer. They’re simple to use and aid in consistent mixing of the components.
Second, use parchment paper to line your cookie sheets. They come in sizes that precisely fit a 12×16 baking sheet and allow the cookies to bake without sticking. This is particularly essential in this recipe since the dough is quite sticky.
A cookie scoop is the third item on the list! Normally, I would suggest using a cookie scoop to ensure evenly sized cookies. A cookie scoop is a wonderful method to measure out the same quantity of dough for each doughnut in this case. Spraying the interior of the cookie scoop with non-stick spray is a crucial step for your sanity in this recipe. Believe me when I say that life will be a lot simpler this way! Spray the cookie scoop and your hands, then return the dough to the refrigerator, wash your hands, and make another batch of donut cookies (which should yield 6-8 cookies, depending on how carefully you space them out on the pan). These little steps make the procedure much more efficient!
Chocolate Glaze Instructions
In a small mixing dish, combine 2 TBSP milk, butter, and chocolate chips to create the chocolate glaze for Glazed Donut Cookies. For 40 seconds, heat. Lastly, add the powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, adding more milk as required to get a smooth, dippable glaze. If the glaze hardens, microwave for another 15 seconds.
Vanilla Glaze Instructions
In a small mixing dish, combine 2 TBSP milk and butter to create the vanilla glaze for Glazed Donut Cookies. 30 seconds of heat Lastly, add the powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, adding more milk as required to get a smooth, dippable glaze. If the glaze hardens, microwave for another 15 seconds.
Glazed Donut Cookies need the following ingredients.
You’ll need the following ingredients to create our Glazed Donut Cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- a half cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- a quarter cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- a half teaspoon of baking soda
- a half teaspoon of salt
You’ll need the following ingredients to create vanilla glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2–3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar (powdered)
To create chocolate glaze, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a quarter-cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup sugar (powdered)
Each batch makes 2.5 to 3 dozen cookies.
Chocolate & Vanilla Glazed Donut Cookies Recipe
- For 1 minute, cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth.
- 1/2 of the dry ingredients should be added to the mixing bowl. Combine half of the ingredients, then add the remaining half. The dough will be softer and more sticky than regular cookie dough. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after covering.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using non-stick spray, gently coat the cookie scoop and your hands. Scoop 1.5–2 tablespoons of cookie dough into your hand. Form a ball out of the dough and carefully flatten it until it’s approximately 1/2 inch thick. There are two methods to make donuts out of cookie dough. Method 1: Punch a hole in the middle of the flattened dough using a tiny round biscuit cutter. Return the donut hole to the mixing bowl and use it to make additional cookies. When you coat the biscuit cutter with non-stick spray beforehand, it makes this technique much simpler. Method 2) Using your thumb and fingers, poke a hole in the top and bottom center of the flattened dough. Pull the hole open further with your hands until it’s approximately 2-2.5′′ wide. Repeat the procedure with the formed donut cookies on the parchment-lined baking sheet until you have 6-8 cookies on your sheet.
- Return the mixing bowl to the fridge or freezer with the leftover dough. Bake for 9-10 minutes, then cool on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- In a small mixing dish, combine 2 TBSP milk and butter to create VANILLA GLAZE. 30 seconds of heat Lastly, add the powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, adding more milk as required to get a smooth, dippable glaze. If the glaze hardens, microwave for another 15 seconds.
- In a small mixing dish, combine 2 TBSP milk, butter, and chocolate chips to create CHOCOLATE GLAZE. For 40 seconds, heat. Lastly, add the powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, adding more milk as required to get a smooth, dippable glaze. If the glaze hardens, microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Warm glaze the top round face of each cooled doughnut biscuit. If desired, immediately sprinkle with sprinkles. Allow to cool before using. Once the cookies have cooled, they may be stacked. Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container.
ARE YOU ENJOYING THIS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE? OTHERS YOU MIGHT APPRECIATE:
Glazed Donut Cookies
Glazed Donut Cookies are soft, pillowy donut-shaped cookies topped with sprinkles and a beautiful chocolate or vanilla glaze! Everything you love about donuts, but in the shape of a cookie!
Pin Rate for Printing
Dessert course: cookies
These chocolate chip cookie donut are the perfect treat for any occasion. They’re not too sweet, and they’re easy to make.