In the UK, a banoffee pie is a dessert made from banana and toffee. The word “banoffee” comes from the Caribbean port town of Bananarama, which is where British singer Maureen Anderton came up with the original recipe for this sweet treat.
The banoffee pie starbucks recipe is a delicious dessert that is made with bananas, condensed milk, and caramel sauce. Anna’s version of the recipe includes chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Chef Anna Olson’s incredible kitchen has Banoffee Pie on the menu, and she’s going to show you how to make it from scratch!
Follow the steps in the recipe below!
Cookie Crust with Digestive Properties
- 1 cup normal rolled oats (100 g) (not instant)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (150 g)
- 14 cup (50 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 12 tsp baking soda (2.5 g)
- 12 teaspoon salt (2.5 g)
- 34 cup (175 g) unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- a single big egg
- 3 bananas, medium
- 12 cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 12 cup (100 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 10 fl. oz. (300 mL)
- 5 mL vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 12 teaspoon salt (2.5 g)
- 1 cup whipping cream (250 mL)
- icing sugar, 2 tbsp (16 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) powdered instant skim milk
- 2 mL vanilla extract (12 tsp)
- 14 cup toasted sliced almonds (25 g)
- To make the dough, pulse the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a food processor until the oats are finely ground. Pulse in the butter until the mixture has a rough, crumbly texture and there are no big chunks of butter visible. Pulse in the egg until the dough in the basin comes together. Form the dough into a disc, cover it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm.
- First, knead the cold dough to soften it slightly (this avoids cracks while rolling), then spread it out to a 14-inch (6 mm) thick circle on a lightly floured work area. Dust a detachable bottom fluted tart pan with flour and line it with the dough, cutting away any excess. Allow 30 minutes for the shell to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 C). Place the chilled shell on a baking sheet and fork-dock the pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the shell is uniformly browned. Allow for cooling before filling the shell.
- Slice the bananas (thick slices are ideal) and place them in the bottom of the chilled shell for the filling. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and brown sugar while whisking constantly. Stir in the condensed milk as it begins to boil, then cook for precisely one minute while whisking until the sauce returns to a full simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla and salt, stirring to combine. Pour the filling over the bananas and spread it out if necessary to cover all of them. Allow it cool to room temperature before topping and chilling for at least one hour.
- Whip the cream until it maintains a soft peak when the beaters are raised, either with electric beaters or in a stand mixer equipped with the whip attachment on high speed. Combine the icing sugar, skim milk powder, and vanilla extract in a mixer. Over the cooled filling, spread the cream and sprinkle the sliced almonds over top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
It’s preferable to eat the tart the same day it’s made. This recipe makes one 9-inch pie (23 cm pie)
Banoffee pie is a delicious dessert that has been around for many years. It’s made by mixing bananas, butter, and condensed milk with caramel sauce. Anna’s recipe is the perfect combination of these three ingredients. Reference: banoffee pie taste.
- banoffee pie recipe
- banoffee pie recipe gemma
- tastemade banoffee pie
- english banoffee pie
- banoffee pie bon appétit