“I’m Anna Olson, and I make cookies.” Anna’s family has been making delicious vanilla cookies for over 100 years. They’re the best kind of cookie–the kind that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
Anna Olson is a well-known cook who has made a delicious vanilla cookies recipe. The anna olson cookies recipe is easy to make and has been rated by many users as one of the best recipes on the internet.
Chef Anna Olson’s wonderful restaurant has Vanilla Cookies on the menu, and she’s going to show you how to create them from scratch.
Follow the steps in the recipes below!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g) at room temperature
- 1 cup (130 g) sifted icing sugar
- 12 cup granulated sugar (100 g) (caster sugar)
- a single big egg
- 1 big yolk of an egg
- 5 mL vanilla bean paste or extract 1 tsp
- 2 12 cup all-purpose flour (375 g) (plain flour)
- 12 teaspoon (2 g) salt
- 1 gently whisked egg white for brushing
- sugar for decorators
- Using electric beaters or a stand mixer equipped with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, icing sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl and stir until the dough comes together (it will be soft.) Form the dough into two 12-inch (35-mm) wide logs, cover in plastic wrap or parchment, and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. The dough may be be prepared ahead of time and frozen, then thawed in the refrigerator before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and prepare two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Brush each log with the egg white and roll it in the desired amount of decorator’s sugar. Cut the dough into 14-inch (6-mm) thick cookies and space them an inch (25-mm) apart on the baking pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies easily pull from the tray and the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack once they have been removed from the trays.
The cookies can keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Anna Olson is a food blogger who has created the delicious vanilla cookies recipe. The video on her YouTube channel, which was uploaded in 2013, has over 2 million views. Reference: anna olson cookies youtube.
- anna olson oatmeal cookies
- anna olson butter cookies recipe
- anna olson checkerboard cookies
- anna olson icebox cookies recipe
- anna olson chocolate chip cookies