This holiday fruit cake is a classic recipe, with its beautiful layers of fruit and nuts. It’s easy to make and perfect for any holiday celebration!
The christmas pudding anna olson is a traditional American holiday fruit cake that Anna made for her family. It’s a favorite in the Olson household and it’s always a hit with guests.
Chef Anna Olson’s wonderful kitchen has a classic Holiday Fruit Cake on the menu, and she’s going to show you how to make it from scratch!
Follow the steps in the recipe below!
Soak the fruit
- 1 cup (75 g) candied orange peel, chopped
- 1 cup raisins (150 g)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (120 g)
- 1 cup (125 g) pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup (225 g) candied pineapple, chopped
- 12 cup dried currants (150 g)
- 12 cup dried cherries (60 g)
- 14 cup (55 g) candied (crystallized) ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweet sherry or brandy (250 mL)
- 12 cup orange juice (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp (6 g) orange zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (6 g) lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (6 g) fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g) at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 big, room-temperature eggs
- 34 cup (75 g) ground almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (300 g)
- 12 tsp baking powder (5 g)
- 14 (2 g) teaspoon salt
- 14 cup (60 ml) sweet sherry or brandy + 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (125 g) + an extra 112 cup whole pecans for garnish (optional)
- To make the fruit soak, combine the candied orange peel, all of the dried and candied fruits, sherry (or brandy), orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate this mixture for at least 3 days, stirring every now and again.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) and oil two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. One at a time, add the eggs, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add the ground almonds and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl and mix it into the batter. 14 cup sherry or brandy, stirred in After folding the chopped nuts into the batter, add the soaked fruits and mix thoroughly to coat them. This should be spooned into the prepared pans and leveled. Arrange nuts in a ring on top of the cakes if desired. Bake for 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Brush the tops of the fruitcakes with part of the remaining 12 cup of sherry or brandy while they are still hot from the oven. Brush the cakes one or two more times as they cool, then take them from the pans and wrap tightly.
Fruitcakes may be stored in an airtight container for up to 8 weeks or frozen for up to 6 months.
Anna Olson’s Classic Holiday Fruit Cake is a fruit cake that contains fresh fruits and nuts. The cake is made with all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, eggs and milk. Reference: fresh fruit cake.
- fruitcake recipe
- fruit cake near me
- christmas cake