This salad is a hearty, nutrient-dense meal that’s low in calories and high in protein. It can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer.
The chicken and wild rice salad recipe gourmet is a recipe for a chicken wild rice salad that is served with grapes and cashews.
This Chicken Wild Rice Salad With Grapes And Cashews is a delicious alternative to white or brown rice since it utilizes chewy, thick wild rice.
It also has a lot of nutritional value.
Cashews and water chestnuts provide crunch to the salad, which is mixed with fresh red grapes and seasoned with tarragon.
To save calories, use low-fat mayonnaise and fat-free milk.
This wild rice chicken salad works nicely as a buffet dish or as a lunch or dinner entrée.
For more fantastic ideas, be sure to follow Foodgasm Recipes on Pinterest!
A nutritious salad with wild rice, grapes, and cashews that may be served as a buffet table item or as a dinner side dish.
Salad as a main course
Calories per serving: 160 kcal
- 3 1/2 cups cubed boneless skinless cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups wild rice, boiled as directed on the box
- 1 can (8 ounces) drained sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup halved seedless red or green grapes
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup salted or unsalted cashew halves or pieces
- a third of a cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 gallon of milk
- lemon juice (two teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
Combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, and tarragon in a mixing bowl. Season the mixture with kosher salt and black pepper, then taste it.
Combine the cooked chicken breast and cooked wild rice in a large mixing basin. Combine the sliced green onions and halved grapes in a mixing bowl. Mix in the sliced water chestnuts well.
Add the cashews after mixing in the mayonnaise mixture with the chicken and rice. If preferred, serve the salad in a mound over flat leaf lettuce or in a serving dish for everyone to assist themselves.
On Your Own — You may make this salad with almonds or walnuts instead of the water chestnuts, and you can also use a cup of chopped celery instead of the water chestnuts.
Use this Chicken Wild Rice Salad With Grapes And Cashews Recipe to spice up your regular chicken and rice salad.
The curry chicken wild rice salad is a recipe for a delicious and healthy chicken, wild rice salad. It is gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan friendly.
- cold wild rice salad
- wild rice salad with grapes and almonds
- wild rice salad with cashews
- chicken wild rice salad southern living
- cold chicken rice salad mayonnaise