If you’re looking for the best homemade chicken fried steak recipe, then you’ve come to the right place! (Pssst… you may also want to check out the Ultimate CFS Cheeseburger Recipe.)
We love making homemade chicken fried steak! There’s something about the texture, the flavor, and the crispiness of a homemade chicken-fried steak that makes it the best! This recipe is a great alternative to the restaurant version, and it’s so easy to make. We’ve included different options for the breading.
If you are looking for a recipe that will make your house smell amazing and that you can make ahead of time so you won’t have to stress about it, then you have come to the right place. This recipe is amazing and if you are looking for a recipe that will make your house smell amazing and that you can make ahead of time so you won’t have to stress about it, then you have come to the right place. This recipe is amazing and this is another one of those dishes that people ask me how I make it so good. This recipe is perfect for a Sunday night or for a weeknight meal. And the best part is it is so easy to make. So go to the kitchen and prep everything and let’s get started. Read more about best chicken fried steak recipe and let us know what you think.
Chicken Fried Steak: It’s the ultimate comfort meal, made with a tenderized beef round steak that’s coated in flour, then dipped in egg, then back into flour before being gently fried to a crispy golden brown.
Tender and juicy on the inside, crispy on the exterior, and delectable with a rich milk sauce, this Chicken Fried Steak is a must-try. It’s the ideal supper for the whole family. It’s extremely simple to create and can be completed in 30 – 40 minutes. It’s not only a delicious but also a filling and inexpensive dinner that can be prepared using lesser cuts of beef.
What is the definition of Chicken Fried Steak?
Country fried steak is an American breaded cutlet meal that consists of a slice of tenderized cube beef steak covered in seasoned flour and pan-fried. It’s also linked with American Southern food.
The Italian-South American cuisine milanesa and the Austrian dish wiener schnitzel are both tenderized pig or veal cutlets that are covered in eggs, flour, and bread crumbs before being fried.
When there is no chicken in it, why is it called Chicken Fried Steak?
That is, indeed, an intriguing topic. Let me clarify…
Pan-fried chicken breast cutlets are similar in cooking technique.
Breadcrumbs are coated, then dipped in an egg mixture, then seasoned flour mixture, and finally pan fried.
It’s often accompanied with a white peppery country gravy. If you want to try something new, serve it over mashed potatoes.
Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Fried Steak
What is the best way to prepare chicken fried steak?
- Season the steak cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt, Saltine crumbs, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Dredge the cubed steak in flour first, then in the egg mixture, and then in the flour mixture again.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side in your pan. Place the steak on a platter lined with paper towels.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat with the flour in the pan. Whisk in the milk gradually until it thickens, about 6 to 7 minutes. To taste, season with salt and pepper.
Still famished! Try these recipes for chicken:
Recipe for the Best Chicken Fried Steak
The greatest comfort meal is Chicken Fried Steak. Breadcrumbs are coated, then dipped in an egg mixture, then seasoned flour mixture, and finally pan fried.
20 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 4 beef cube steaks (1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons powdered baking soda
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 cups shortening (vegetable) for deep frying
- 1 egg
- 1/2 gallon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sauce de poivron rouge
- 4 quarts of milk
- to taste kosher salt and crushed black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups flour 2 cups
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the baking powder, pepper, baking soda, and salt; mix in the egg, Red Pepper sauce, buttermilk, and garlic.
- Dredge each steak in flour first, then in the egg mixture, and finally in flour again. Make sure each steak gets a good coating of flour.
- Heat the shortening to 325 degrees F in a large cast-iron skillet. Cook the steaks for 3 to 5 minutes each side in a hot skillet until they are gently golden brown.
- Place the steak on a platter lined with paper towels. Reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid after draining the fat from the skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium-low heat with the saved oil. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining flour and the oil. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release the solids into the gravy. On medium heat, stir in the milk and bring the gravy to a boil. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. With a tablespoon of gravy on top, serve.
So, guys, I hope you like this Easy Chicken Fried Steak Recipe that I prepare every week. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for Chicken Fried Steak. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
There are many recipes for chicken fried steak. Some people use the traditional recipe, while others are willing to take the time to explore new recipes and try new flavors.. Read more about texas roadhouse chicken fried steak recipe and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is KFC chicken fried steak made of?
KFC chicken fried steak is made of a breading that is seasoned with herbs and spices, then dipped in buttermilk.
Whats the difference between Chicken Fried Steak & Country fried steak?
Chicken Fried Steak is a type of steak that is battered and fried in the shape of chicken, while Country Fried Steak is a type of steak that is battered and fried in the shape of country music.
Why does the batter fall off my chicken fried steak?
The batter is not meant to be eaten.