This is a doughnut that is filled with vanilla custard cream.
The types of cream filled donuts are a type of pastry that is usually made with vanilla custard. It is often served as a breakfast or dessert item.
Vanilla custard cream-filled doughnuts are on the menu today. Actually, I used a different kind of cream, but the fundamental taste is fantastic.
You may sprinkle them with sugar or spread Nutella or strawberry jam if you’re too lazy to prepare the filling.
- 500g flour (all-purpose)
- 200 g milk, warm
- 8g yeast (instant)
- 60 g of sugar
- 7g salt
- 50 g butter (unsalted) (soft at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (I used a big egg, which weighed 100105g)
- 6 beaten egg yolks
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 bean of vanilla
- 500 milliliters milk
- 50g flour (all-purpose)
To make vanilla custard pastry cream, follow these steps:
- Pour in the milk and scraped vanilla bean, and cook until the edges begin to boil.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to a mixing dish and whisk till light yellow. After that, add and stir in the flour.
- Pour the (1)milk slowly into the (2)egg mixture.
- Strain the (3)mixture and cook it on low heat in a saucepan.
- Continue to whisk while the mixture is boiling until it reaches a soft cream consistency.
- Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to chill.
If you want the cream to have a softer texture, strain it again.
- Warm milk, yeast, and sugar should be combined in a large mixing basin. After that, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using a chopstick, stir in the salt into the flour.
- Using a spatula, combine the egg and flour in the (1)milk mixture.
- Knead the dough with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Knead in the butter until the surface is smooth, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Some of the gas bubbles in the dough may be removed by punching it. And then roll it out to a thickness of 1cm.
- Cut the dough into 8cm circles using an 8cm round cookie cutter, cover with cheesecloth or plastic wrap, and set aside for 30 minutes.
Steps 7–8 should be repeated using the discarded dough.
- Fill a saucepan halfway with oil and heat it to 170°C. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the frying pan from the oil and put it on a frying tray or paper towel to drain.
- Using a knife, cut a slit in the doughnut for the filling, then fill the doughnuts with the custard cream.
- Sprinkle sugar on the doughnuts. Done!
It doesn’t matter what sequence you fill and dust in. Make yourself at home. To keep the doughnuts from drying out, store them in an airtight container.
The baked custard donut recipe is a vanilla custard cream-filled doughnut. This is a classic and delicious, old fashioned dessert that can be made with just a few ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a custard filled donut called?
The donut is called a Boston Cream.
Does Krispy Kreme have custard filled donuts?
Krispy Kreme does not have custard filled donuts.
What is Boston cream donut filling made of?
The filling is made of a custard-like mixture that includes eggs and sugar.
- whipped cream filling for donuts
- cream filled donut krispy kreme
- custard filling for donuts using custard powder
- cream filled donuts recipe
- bavarian cream filled donut recipe