Jamaican peanut porridge is a unique dish that combines the flavors of two cultures. It’s a hearty breakfast dish that is made with rice, sugar, and spices. This recipe makes enough for six people to enjoy for breakfast or brunch.
Jamaican peanut porridge is a popular dish that is served with plantains, vegetables, and spices. It is an authentic jamaican recipe that is easy to make.
Recipe for peanut porridge. Jamaican peanut porridge is creamy, smooth, and delicious, and it’s a wonderful way to start your day. Raw peanuts, fresh milk, and ordinary seasonings, delicious yum yum yum yum yum y
What Is Peanut Porridge and How Do I Make It?
Peanut porridge is a Jamaican dish prepared with raw peanuts, water, milk, fragrant spices, and condensed milk or sugar to taste.
Breakfast is typically served with this porridge. Porridge is often served at outdoor festivals and as a street dish in Jamaica.
What You Will Require
Here’s everything you’ll need to make delicious peanut porridge!
- Make sure you’re using raw peanuts.
- Coconut milk: I use freshly squeezed coconut milk, but canned coconut milk may also be used. Coconut milk isn’t required; you may use cow’s milk or any other plant-based milk.
- Plain flour (not seen in picture) is used to thicken the porridge. I sometimes use oats, but the flour smooths out the porridge.
- To sweeten the porridge, add sugar and condensed milk. You may utilize either one or both of them.
- Salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla are all necessary flavors.
What Is Peanut Porridge And How Do I Make It?
With the exception of preparing your own coconut milk, your peanut porridge is ready in only a few steps.
Blend the peanut butter, flour, and coconut milk until smooth. If I were using another milk, I would first mix the peanuts and flour with water before adding the milk.
Add the pureed peanuts to the boiling water, and when the porridge thickens, add the spices and sweeten to taste.
You may use oatmeal instead of plain flour, like I did here. This aids in the thickening of the porridge. Despite the fact that oats are healthier, flour makes the porridge smoother.
To make the peanut porridge vegan, just replace the sugar with vegan condensed milk.
Recipes for Porridge
Additional Peanut Recipes
Let’s keep in touch! You may find me on:
- Also, sign up for my email to get recipe updates!
THANK YOU for visiting my site, leaving comments, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am very grateful for you!
If you enjoy this recipe for Jamaican peanut porridge, please rate it and leave a comment below. I’d love to hear about your experience, and your kind words brighten my day!
Porridge with Peanuts from Jamaica
This easy recipe will teach you how to create peanut porridge.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
15 minutes to prepare
Breakfast is a course.
3 person servings
Calories (kcal): 243
- 12 cup uncooked peanuts
- 2 gallons coconut milk
- 12 CUP FLOUR, UNBLEACHED
- 14 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick, leaf, or 14 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp Sugar (Brown)
- 1 quart of water
- milk that has been condensed
In a blender, combine the peanuts, plain flour, and coconut milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
Bring 1 cup of water, the salt, and the cinnamon stick or leaf (if using ground cinnamon, add afterwards) to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Pour in the peanut butter mixture and continue to swirl (whisk) until the porridge thickens.
Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the porridge to simmer before adding the vanilla and nutmeg.
Using the sugar and condensed milk, sweeten to taste.
- Oatmeal may be used in lieu of regular flour.
Peanut porridge is a popular Jamaican breakfast, and it can be made with any kind of beans. The peanut porridge recipe is simple to make, and the health benefits make it worth the effort. Reference: peanut porridge health benefits.
- jamaican peanut porridge ingredients
- jamaican peanut porridge with plantain
- cornmeal and peanut porridge
- green banana and peanut porridge
- is peanut porridge healthy