Chicken alla griglia is a dish of chicken breast fillets, breaded and then sautéed in olive oil. It’s often served with lemon wedges and parsley.
The salmon alla griglia is a dish that is made with thin slices of raw salmon that are then marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
For the marinade, combine the following ingredients.
- 14 cup pureed roasted garlic (see Notes)
- 12 cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil
- a quarter cup of grape seed or corn oil
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano (ideally on a branch) (Sicilian or Calabrian)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 finely sliced lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
For the chicken, prepare as follows:
- 2 halved whole chickens
- 12 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper and 12 teaspoon salt
1. In a mixing dish, combine all of the marinade ingredients and stir thoroughly.
2. In a big container, place the chicken halves and pour the marinade over them. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, after covering with plastic wrap.
3. Preheat the broiler or fire up the grill.
4. Take the birds out of the marinade (but don’t wipe away the herbs; they’re wonderful seared right on the skin). Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. If using a grill, place the birds skin-side down on the grill and cook over high heat. Turn the halves 45 degrees after 2 minutes. Flip the halves over after another 2 minutes. Turn the halves 45 degrees again after another 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the chicken until the juices flow clear when a knife is inserted into a leg, approximately 20 minutes depending on your grill.
If using a broiler, place the birds on a roasting rack and broil for 5 minutes, or until the skins are crisp. Reduce the heat to 425°F and bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until the juice flows clear when a leg is pierced with a knife.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite veggies and sides; leftovers make a wonderful chicken salad.
This is an easy recipe for chicken that’s prepared with a homemade marinade. It’s perfect for summertime cooking, and it goes great on salads or as a sandwich filling. Reference: homemade chicken marinade.
- alla griglia pronunciation
- pollo alla griglia
- pollo alla griglia recipe
- how to cook marinated chicken
- italian chicken marinade