A quick and easy recipe for a chewy, chocolate chip cookie.
These healthy oatmeal granola cookies are a great snack to have on hand. They are gluten-free, vegan, and packed with protein.
Cookies with Granola and Chocolate Chips are soft, chewy, protein-packed, and granola-crunchified. These have quickly become my new favorite cookie, thanks to their 5 grams of protein per cookie with a hint of crunch.
My family was dubious the first time I baked these cookies. I kept saying how nutritious and full of protein these cookies were, and I believe they were anticipating cookies that didn’t taste very nice. My fussy kids were pleasantly delighted and continued begging for more — a couple of them even said these were their favorite chocolate chip cookies of all time. And I’m a big chocolate chip cookie baker!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
It’s simple to make chocolate chip cookies! Here are a few pointers for consistently excellent cookies.
- Make sure the butter is softened, not melted! One of the most frequent cookie-making mistakes is using butter that is either very cold and hard, or too warm and melted. Simply put butter out on the counter for 1-2 hours before preparing your cookies if you have time. If you’re like me and don’t plan your cookie desires that far ahead, simply pop the butter in the microwave for 5 seconds at a time, pulling it out quickly before it melts. I really like to soften butter in my microwave on the defrost setting—I’m not sure why, but it seems to soften the butter more uniformly and takes a little longer, so I’m less inclined to start melting it!
- The dry components must be mixed separately from the wet ingredients in most cookie recipes. This is a critical stage!
- When combining the butter and sugars, take your time. The consistency of your cookies will be improved by creaming them together for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. This will ensure that your cookies are perfect every time!
- Make use of a cookie scoop! A cookie scoop is the way to go if you want all of your cookies to be precisely formed and the same size.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking surface to prevent sticking. This will make removing the cookies from the cookie sheet a breeze, as you won’t have to scrape them off the pan – they’ll simply glide right off in great form!
- Don’t overbake the cookies – mine appear slightly underbaked when I take them out of the oven, but that’s OK since they’ll continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a few more minutes.
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
I usually use salted butter, but unsalted butter would suffice! Before preparing the cookies, make sure it has cooled to room temperature.
Brown sugar and granulated sugar — I like light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar would do. To get the finest results, make sure your brown sugar is fresh (not dried and hard).
Any vanilla protein powder will do, but my personal favorite is Clean Simple Eats’. To add a little extra protein, I sometimes add another scoop to the cookies. Two scoops is plenty, but if you add any more, the flavor and texture of the cookies will be compromised.
Two essential cookie components are eggs and vanilla extract. The greater the vanilla’s quality, the better.
Flour — I typically use all-purpose flour, although wheat flour may also be used. The cookies will get more thick and the consistency will alter somewhat, but they will still be wonderful!
Salt and baking soda – Make sure your baking soda isn’t outdated or old!
Granola is the primary component in these cookies, and the kind you choose will have a big impact on the taste! I usually use the Nature Valley Protein Oats & Honey variety since it’s my favorite and has a lot of protein. You may even make your own granola if you want. Make sure the granola you use is broken up into tiny bits; you don’t want any large lumps of granola in your cookies.
Chocolate Chips — You may skip these if you wish, but I don’t! I like semi-sweet, but any type would do. Alternatively, raisins or nuts (almonds, cashews, etc.) may be substituted. These cookies may be used in a variety of ways.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream the butter and sugars together for at least 2-3 minutes in a large mixing basin using an electric mixer. Mix for another minute after adding the protein powder. Add the eggs and vanilla extracts and continue to beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate basin. Mix just until mixed with the wet mixture. Stir in the granola and chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or spatula.
Scoop cookie dough balls onto a prepared cookie sheet using a cookie scoop. I prefer to use silicone liners or parchment paper to line my cookie sheets. Bake the cookie dough balls for 8-10 minutes after gently flattening the tops with the palm of your hand.
Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, protein-packed, and granola-crunchified. These have quickly become my new favorite cookie, thanks to their 5 grams of protein per cookie with a hint of crunch.
Pin Rate for Printing
Cookies as a course
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are made with oats, almonds, and honey. They are gluten-free, vegan, and have no refined sugar! Reference: chewy granola cookies.
- crispy granola cookies recipe
- granola cookies no flour
- crunchy granola cookies
- granola cookies allrecipes
- peanut butter granola cookies