Making fried rice is easy enough, but just about every recipe you find does not call for any protein. That is, you’ll need to add something (or someone) to your fried rice in order to make it filling. If you are like me, you eat a lot of eggs, so I usually try to sneak in a few eggs into my dish. This is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to do it.
Out of the realm of the classic breakfast dishes that have been popular for decades, egg fried rice has emerged as one of the most popular Indian fast food street foods. The dish is particularly popular in the city of Hyderabad, where it is known as ‘baingan bharta’. This dish is essentially a version of fried rice, which is popular in most parts of the world.
Egg fried rice is an Indian street food that is enjoyed all over the country. The Indian street food is an all-time favorite among vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It is easy to prepare and very tasty. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. The fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect combination of rice and eggs. Fried rice is a perfect. Read more about indian street fried rice recipe and let us know what you think.
A popular Indo Chinese dish is egg fried rice. The addition of veggies to egg fried rice makes this meal more nutritious and healthful. Fried rice comes in a wide variety of flavors and textures, each with its own distinct flavor and texture. You may use whatever veggies you like, such as carrots, cabbage, capsicum (of any color), beans, beans sprouts, and peas. Cooked chicken, prawns, and eggs may be added, while vegans can use just veggies. Chinese cuisine is traditionally cooked in a wok over a very high heat, but I just used a larger kadai and cooked at high, medium, and low flames as needed. I’ve made egg and vegetable fried rice with a variety of ingredients before, including oyster sauce, sesame oil, and vegetable stock cubes, but this time I added green chili sauce, which has a unique flavor and a restaurant-style flavor.
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp green chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon or less of Chinese salt, MSG, or ajinomoto
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (freshly powdered and coarse)
- if necessary, salt
- 1/2 cup spring onion
To make the egg mixture
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Eggs – 3
- a pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1 clove or 1 tsp garlic (optional)
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 1/3 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup capsicum (any color)
- 1/4 cup beans
- 3/4 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup or handful of spring onions (again)
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes after washing it.
- In the absorption technique, cook basmati rice with 1 1/2 cup boiling water and salt. Allow it to cool, then spread it out on a dish and leave it open in the fridge for 2 hours or use the leftover cold rice.
- To begin, crack all of the eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper powder (freshly crushed coarse powder), and sesame oil, and mix with a fork for a few seconds before setting aside.
- Cut the veggies into tiny pieces, as well as the white and green parts of the spring onion.
- Now, in a larger kadai or wok, heat 3 tablespoons of oil, then add the ginger and garlic, stir for 5 seconds, then add the beans, green chili, and carrot, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, capsicum (any color), ajinomotto, a sprinkle of salt (optional), and 1/3 cup spring onion (both white and green parts) for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Simmer the heat, place the veggies in one corner of a kadai, drizzle 2 tsp oil in the center, and pour in the egg mixture. Do not stir for 10 seconds, then drizzle 1 tsp oil on the corner edges of the egg mixture to prevent it from sticking to the kadai.
- Slowly stir the egg mixture in a clockwise manner until it forms a scrambled egg with a soft texture. When cooking the egg, turn down the heat at this point.
- Stir the veggies in the corner as well, since it has the potential to burn.
- When the egg has scrambled, combine it with the veggies and stir well.
- Now add the rice to the veggies and egg mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer the heat and stir in the rice, green chili sauce, and soy sauce until everything is thoroughly mixed. You have the option of keeping the flame on high or medium.
- Add it once more. 1/3 cup green spring onion, freshly ground black pepper coarse powder, thoroughly combined. Make sure the rice isn’t too crushed or broken.
- After the rice has been well combined with the other ingredients, turn it off after 2 minutes. I occasionally reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice in between, to ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve vegetable fried rice with chilli paneer, cauliflower Manchurian, or any other side dish.
- You may alter the amount of black pepper to suit your preferences. To add a spicy touch, I sometimes add chilli flakes at the end and sauté for 2 minutes.
- There is no need to add salt since the rice has already been salted.
- The rice should be firm rather than mushy. That is why most people make fried rice using chilled rice.
- Add the veggies that take the longest to cook first, such as beans and carrots, and then add the others, such as capsicum (bell pepper).
- For a new flavor, add Chinese sesame oil (roasted) or vegetable stock powder or cube when sautéing veggies, which will give the vegetable fried rice a distinct flavor.
- Taste the rice to see if it needs extra soy sauce or any other spice, and if so, add it.
- Stir constantly after adding the eggs to prevent them from sticking or burning.
- You may change the amount of back pepper to suit your preferences.
- There is no need to add salt since the rice has already been salted. Salt is also included in the egg.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is egg fried rice a street food?
Yes, egg fried rice is a street food.
Is fried rice Street Food?
Fried rice is a type of Chinese food.
How do you make fried rice taste like a restaurant?
This is a difficult question to answer. The best way to make fried rice taste like a restaurant would be to use the ingredients that are typically used in restaurants.