This is not so much a recipe as it is a technique to be used when making the asparagus.
Bacon is one of the most under-appreciated foods on the planet. It’s delicious, it’s easy to cook, and it’s low in calories. So what’s all the fuss about? There are so many versions of bacon out there, now including the stuff that’s wrapped in bacon. Yes, you read that correctly. Bacon wrapped asparagus. It’s the latest foodie craze, and I’m all for it.
Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is quick and easy to prepare. It uses a few of your favorite ingredients: bacon, asparagus, and Parmesan cheese. No special ingredients are needed. It is a dish that can be prepared in a flash. Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is complete with just a few ingredients. It is a simple dish that can be prepared quickly.
If you make a purchase via one of the links in this article, we may earn a small commission.
Baked asparagus packets coated in bacon. It’s the ideal appetizer or side dish to wow your guests at any gathering. In one mouthful, this asparagus dish provides the ideal balance of salty, soft, and crispy asparagus. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy easy party dishes that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and take less than 10 minutes to cook?
Asparagus is an excellent low-carb vegetable since it is nutrient-dense, simple to cook, and visually appealing. When the asparagus season is in full flow, I prepare this dish often, but I also always manage to create appetizers with asparagus and bacon.
Because the asparagus becomes soft and the bacon gets crispy in the oven, this is one of my favorite asparagus with bacon dishes. Even if you don’t like asparagus, I’m confident you’ll like it. When I serve these wonderful asparagus with bacon to my visitors, they always ask for the recipe and are extremely pleased.
I have a couple tricks for getting bacon extremely crispy without making it mushy in the oven.
Why is it that asparagus with bacon is the most delectable?
- Compatible with the ketogenic diet – This recipe exclusively contains low-carb ingredients that are permitted on the ketogenic diet, making it ideal for anyone attempting to reduce carbohydrates.
- Easy to Prepare- These lovely bundles of asparagus can be prepared and popped into the oven in about 10 minutes (if not less!).
Asparagus Ingredients for Better Bacon
- Because thicker pieces of bacon take a long time to bake, I use center-cut or thinly sliced bacon.
- Asparagus – Choose asparagus tips that are brilliant green and a bit thick. Before the bacon is crispy, the thinner skewers get mushy.
- I use olive oil because it evenly distributes the spices and allows the asparagus to cook quicker.
- This easy asparagus dish just requires two basic spices: salt and pepper. Season with a generous amount of black pepper, since it enhances the flavor of the bacon. The salt is optional and should only be used if you like salty foods.
How to cook bacon-wrapped asparagus
This wonderful asparagus side dish may be made in a variety of ways, but this is the simplest:
- Remove the asparagus’ woody ends. Using a knife, prick the asparagus or just break it into pieces.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with pepper and place on a baking sheet. Depending on the kind of bacon used, salt may not be required.
- Make eight bundles with the asparagus. You’ll need 24 asparagus points since you can only use 3 at a time.
- From bottom to top, wrap the asparagus bacon. Make sure the bacon’s edges overlap a bit.
- In a preheated 400F oven, bake the asparagus wrapped in bacon for 25-30 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the bacon or asparagus, the cooking time may vary.
Asparagus is cooked in layers in this method.
There are many methods to cook asparagus in this recipe:
- My favorite technique is oveni; I’ve described how to cook asparagus with bacon above and in the recipe card below.
- Prepare the asparagus bundles for the grill and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use. To keep each bacon bar in place, use a toothpick to secure the end. On medium heat, grill for 12-15 minutes, flipping once.
- Set a big cast iron pan or griddle over medium-high heat on the stove. Drizzle with olive oil before adding the grapes. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the asparagus is fork tender and the bacon is crunchy.
- Set the temperature to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the asparagus in bacon grease for 10 minutes in a hot air fryer.
How do you feed yourself?
As a side dish or appetizer, bacon wrapped asparagus is excellent. Place the filling on a serving dish and serve. This side dish, in my view, may be served as a main meal with a salad on the side. It’s very tasty, and the number of ways to serve it is limitless.
This is a recipe for asparagus that may be prepared ahead of time.
- Make these snacks a day ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Place leftovers on a baking pan and reheat at 375 degrees until soft.
- Unfortunately, bacon wrapped asparagus cannot be frozen since it softens and loses its wonderful crisp.
Looking for more asparagus recipes? Consider the following:
These bacon-wrapped asparagus sachets are cooked in the oven. It’s the ideal appetizer or side dish to wow your guests at any gathering. In one mouthful, this asparagus dish provides the ideal balance of salty, soft, and crunchy flavors. Who doesn’t enjoy easy party dishes that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and take less than 10 minutes to cook?
- 1 pound asparagus tips, cut off ends
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- a quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 bacon slices, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C and tuck the asparagus tips in.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. To coat, use your hands and combine well.
- Take 2 or 3 asparagus tips and firmly wrap them in a slice of bacon. To secure it, overlap the beginning. On a baking sheet, place the seasonal side down.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp-tender. To make them crispier, bake them for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
To make cleaning easier, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Information about nutrition
How do we get at the nutritional data?
The nutritional information was taken from the food database of the United States Department of Agriculture. Our nutritional information is correct, but you should do your own calculations if you use other items. Fiber and sugar alcohols, which do not increase blood sugar, are subtracted from the net carbohydrate quantity.
Sign up right now!
Sign up for our weekly email to get the most up-to-date recipes, news, and special deals.
Thank you very much!
You have been added to our email list successfully.
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. Readers who adore her have also tried the following dishes:
Bacon wrapped asparagus is such a delicious, simple appetizer, but it’s also incredibly easy to screw up in a misguided attempt to make it healthier. I remember being flipped out when my mom served me some grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon and string cheese back when I was a kid. It was delicious, but I was convinced it was some sort of alien food.. Read more about bacon-wrapped asparagus allrecipes and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make crispy bacon wrapped things?
You fry the bacon in a pan until its crispy, then wrap it around something.
How do you pre cook bacon wrap?
You can pre-cook bacon in the oven at a low temperature for about 10 minutes. After it has cooled, wrap it around your sandwich and cook it on the grill or stovetop.
What protein goes with asparagus?
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- crispy keto bacon wrapped asparagus
- bacon wrapped asparagus keto
- bacon wrapped asparagus with cheese
- bacon wrapped asparagus oven
- bacon wrapped asparagus on stove