This is a recipe for an amazing chocolate salted caramel cupcake. It’s moist and fluffy, with a rich, fudgy center that melts in your mouth.
This salted caramel cupcakes recipe is a sweet and salty dessert that has been topped with chocolate ganache.
These chocolate cupcakes have salted caramel sauce inside, salted caramel buttercream on top, salted caramel sauce drizzled on top, and flaky sea salt sprinkled on top. The perfect cupcake!
If you want to create your own salted caramel sauce (recipe here), you may do it easily, or simply purchase some at the supermarket to make these cupcakes even simpler!
Watch the video below for a complete video instruction on how to create delicious chocolate salted caramel cupcakes.
The recipe for salted caramel sauce may be found here.
Recipe for Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes
Carina Stewart is the author of this piece.
Type of recipe: baking
- All-Purpose Flour | 1 Cup | 125g
- 12 CUP COCOA POWDER | 50 G COCOA POWDER
- 170g Sugar | 34 cup
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 12 tsp. baking soda
- 12 tbsp. salt
- 12 CUP | 113 GALLON BUTTER
- 12 CUP | 125 MILLION MILLION MILLION MILLION MILLION MILLION MILLION
- 2 Eggs
- 14 cup caramel sauce (salted)
- 250g butter | 1 cup
- Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar | Confectioners Sugar) 3 Cups | 375g
- a third of a cup of salted caramel sauce
- Sea Salt with Flakiness
- Measure out the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together with a whisk or a wooden spoon until they are equally mixed.
- Butter should be measured out and melted in the microwave or on the stovetop. Allow 5 minutes for cooling.
- In the bowl with the melted butter, mix together the milk and eggs with a fork until equally blended.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and fold until just mixed.
- Place the muffin batter in 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C | 350°F, or until the tops spring back when pushed.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To create the buttercream, beat the butter for 5 minutes with a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until pale in color and quadrupled in volume.
- Scrape down the bowl as you add the icing sugar in thirds to ensure everything is evenly mixed.
- Add 13 cup salted caramel sauce to the buttercream and beat for another minute or so, until well mixed. Add a few teaspoons of milk if the buttercream is too thick.
- Fill each cupcake with the remaining caramel sauce via a tiny hole. Using a large piping tip, pipe a liberal quantity of salted caramel buttercream onto the cake. Drizzle the sauce over the top and season with flaky sea salt.
The chocolate cupcake recipe is a dessert that has been around for centuries. It can be made with chocolate, sugar, eggs, and butter.
- dark chocolate salted caramel cupcakes
- chocolate salted caramel buttercream
- salted caramel cupcakes uk
- salted caramel frosting
- chocolate caramel cupcakes uk