For those who haven’t tried this dish, you should! It is an easy to make dish that is full of flavor and of course very healthy. I love this dish because it is easy to make and also very tasty. You can use any kind of chicken or you can even try to use beef. I just used chicken and it turned out great!
A lot of people think that you have to eat a lot of rice to “feel full”, but the truth is that you can make rice with a much lower calorie content and still be full. For example, I have been eating chicken fried rice for a few months now, and it is totally filling. When I eat chicken fried rice, my stomach feels full but I don’t feel like I need any more food. The secret is that chicken fried rice is made out of white rice. This recipe makes chicken fried rice that is made out of brown rice.
Today I’m going to show how to make an easy and delicious home-style fried rice. Ingredients (for 2-4 servings) 3 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips 1 cup of uncooked white rice 3 cup of water 1/2 cup of soy sauce 1 tablespoon of sesame oil 1 tablespoon of pepper 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (optional) 1 carrot, thinly sliced 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce Optional: 2-3 green onions, sliced Directions: Cook the chicken strips in a pan with 1 cup of water over medium-high heat for five minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook the rice in a rice cooker, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the rice is done cooking, mix the rice,. Read more about chicken fried rice calories and let us know what you think.
A popular Chinese dish is chicken fried rice. However, I prepared it in an Indo-Chinese manner. This goes well with any side dish, such as chilli paneer or chicken manchurian. Carrots, cabbage, capsicum (of any color), beans, bean sprouts, and peas are all good options. You may also add cooked prawns and eggs to this dish. Vegetarians are limited to using just vegetables. Rice that has been fried may be made in a variety of ways, and you can prepare it according to your preferences. Chinese cuisine is traditionally prepared in a wok over a high flame, but I simply used a larger kadai and cooked over medium heat, reducing the temperature as needed.
- 150 gms chicken
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- a pinch of pepper powder
- a pinch of salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 150 gms Cabbage
- Carrots (three)
- 1/2 capsicum (green)
- 1/2 capsicum (red)
- 3 green chillies (optional)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 tsp oil for frying eggs
- Eggs – 4
- 1 cup rice (raw)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese salt, MSG, or ajinomoto
- 1 tsp black pepper powder (crushed)
- 1/2 cube chicken stock cube or veggie stock cube
- 1 spring onion (garnishing)
- a pinch of salt (to taste)
- Prepare a marinade using the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken.
- In a dish, combine all of the eggs (after breaking and removing the shells), a sprinkle of salt, and a large amount of pepper powder. For a few seconds, beat it with a fork and set it away.
- Prepare the veggies by chopping them into tiny pieces. Both the white and green portions of the spring onions were utilized.
- Finely chop the green chilies (or slice them), garlic, and ginger. Finely shred the cabbage.
- Prepare the rice as soon as possible. The better the final outcome, the cooler the rice.
The chicken is being cooked.
- Cook the chicken with a few tablespoons of oil and the marinade.
- Remove the chicken pieces and set them aside after it’s done cooking.
- If desired, shred the chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the same broad kadai or wok, and when it’s hot, add the ginger and chicken cubes. For a few seconds, stir everything together. Add the veggies and stir well for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are cooked but still crisp.
- Place the veggies in one of the kadai’s corners. 2 tsp oil, followed by the egg combination For approximately 10 seconds, do not stir or combine. 2 tsp oil to the edges of the egg mixture to prevent it from sticking to the kadai
- Continue to whisk the egg mixture until it resembles scrambled eggs but is still soft. When cooking the egg, turn down the heat a little.
- Stir the veggies in the corner as well, since it has the potential to burn.
- When the egg has scrambled, combine it with the veggies and toss well; then add the soy sauce, Chinese salt, vinegar, and crushed pepper and stir well again.
- Add the spring onions and rice to the veggies and egg mixture and stir thoroughly. Cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Taste the rice to see if it needs extra soy sauce or any other spice, and if so, add it.
- Finally, add a couple more spring onions and toss the chicken pieces into the rice.
- Turn it off after the rice has been well combined with the remaining ingredients. I sometimes reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes to ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve chicken fried rice with cauliflower manchurian or chilli paneer.
- If you don’t whisk the egg constantly when adding it, it will burn.
- You may even decrease the amount of pepper if desired.
- There is no need to add salt since the rice is already salted, the egg mixture is salted, and the stock cube is salted.
- Rice should be firm, not mushy, which is why most people use rice that has been stored in the refrigerator. I used rice that had been cooked and chilled before.
- It’s simply a matter of adding the ingredients one at a time and mixing them in with the rice.
- Veggies such as cauliflower, beans, and mushrooms may also be used; when these vegetables are in season, I make vegetable rice.
- You may cook chicken chunks and add them to the fried rice if you like.
When most people think of fried rice, they tend to envision a dish consisting of vegetables, meat, seafood, or tofu. While these foods can be included, this dish consists primarily of rice. The most important element of fried rice is the egg; it not only adds a delicious flavor and texture to the dish, but also acts as a binder, which holds the rice together. The rice should be cooked until it is no longer translucent, but is still somewhat soft.. Read more about spicy chicken fried rice and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the secret to Chinese fried rice?
The secret to Chinese fried rice is that its not really a secret. Its just a lot of work.
How bad is chicken fried rice for you?
Chicken fried rice is not bad for you.
Is egg necessary for fried rice?
No, egg is not necessary for fried rice.