One of the best ways to enjoy Mexican food is in the form of an enchilada. Enchiladas are filled with delicious, savory chicken, peppers, and onions. They are quick to make and can be served with your favorite recipe for salsa. These enchiladas are the perfect dish for any busy weeknight, or as a tasty side to a Mexican meal.
As a busy mom, I have dinner made every night for the kids. You know, the usual stuff: hamburger helper, steamed veggies, mac and cheese, and chicken enchiladas. The problem is, I’m not a good cook, and I don’t always have time to make all the healthy, awesome food I want to eat.
Ever been to a taqueria or mexican restaurant and wanted to replicate it at home?
Chicken Enchiladas: This Chicken Enchiladas Made Simple meal is perfect for feeding a crowd. Chicken, corn tortillas, green chiles, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and enchilada sauce are the only items needed. The chicken flesh is sautéed, shredded, and mixed with seasonings to enhance the taste inside warmed flour tortillas.
The enchilada sauce, which is typically prepared with a tomato-based sauce, chicken broth, chipotle peppers, and spices to cover each dish, is the primary component in Chicken Enchiladas.
How do you shred your chicken?
I typically use my slow cooker to shred the meat, putting my chicken breasts in with a cup of green salsa and cooking on low for 6 hours. Then, using one fork, keep the chicken firmly while shredding it with the other. That’s it; your shredded chicken will be ready in no time! You may use fresh chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken to create this dish. The base for these Easy Chicken Enchiladas is cooked, shredded chicken.
How to Make Enchiladas de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo de Pollo
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chicken, green chiles, 1 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a small pan, bring enchilada sauce to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Dip your tortillas into the hot sauce for a few seconds to soften them.
- On the middle of each tortilla, spread 2 teaspoons sour cream and 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
- Place your tortilla seam-side down in a baking dish (99) and roll it up.
- Pour the leftover enchilada sauce over the top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, topped with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
When making Chicken Enchiladas, do you use Corn Tortillas or Flour Tortillas?
I use corn tortillas to keep it more traditional, but wheat tortillas may also be used. However, I usually suggest using corn tortillas to make it healthy. The chicken is mixed with seasonings, green chilies, and cheese before being wrapped up in tortillas with sour cream.
Tortilla Softening Techniques
If you don’t prepare your tortillas soft enough, they will break, ruining the whole meal. So, here’s what I did to soften it up… To begin, cover it in a towel and steam it for 10-15 minutes in the microwave. Alternatively, soften the tortillas in heated olive oil before rolling into enchiladas and dipping into enchilada sauce. or, lastly, I strongly encourage you to use tortillas purchased from a shop.
What’s a good side dish to go with Chicken Enchiladas?
My Chicken Enchiladas are best served with Cilantro Lime Rice or plain yellow rice. It may also be served with Mexican Cauliflower Rice for a reduced carb option. Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower “Rice” or, if you like, Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower “Rice”.
How to Improve the Flavor of Chicken Enchiladas
To make your Chicken Enchiladas even more wonderful, top them with a mixture of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and bake until the cheese is bubbling and hot. It’s a wonderfully delicious dinner that can be prepared ahead of time for a busy weekend. It’s also a wonderful dish to have on hand if you’re looking to stock up on freezer dinners.
Still famished! Take a Look at These Delectable Chicken Recipes:
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe of Easy Chicken Enchiladas is perfect for feeding a crowd. Chicken, corn tortillas, green chiles, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and enchilada sauce are the only items needed.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350 F).
- Cook the chicken in a medium pan over medium heat until the juices run clear and the center is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut it into cubes, being careful to drain any leftover grease.
- Combine the sour cream, Cheddar cheese, onion, parsley, oregano, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Heat until the cheese has melted.
- Combine the tomato sauce, salt, water, green pepper, chili powder, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll your tortillas in the mixture in equal quantities and place in a 9×9 or 8×8 inch baking dish.
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese and taco sauce on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, uncovered. Allow for a 10-minute rest period before serving.
So, guys, I hope you like this Chicken Enchiladas Recipe that I prepare every week. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for Chicken Enchiladas. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
Beginning a new diet can be daunting, especially when there is no easy way to prepare healthy, wholesome meals that are quick and easy to make. This recipe for one or two chicken enchiladas is so fast that you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.. Read more about creamy chicken enchiladas and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- chicken enchiladas
- easy chicken enchiladas
- easy green chile chicken enchiladas
- easy enchiladas