Bhel puri is a popular Bengali street food in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a puffed rice snack made of cooked rice, fenugreek seeds and vegetable oil. The snack is served hot. It is widely consumed especially during the festivals and the few days preceding them. It is mainly eaten by the Bengali people of the Indian state of West Bengal and the neighbouring states of West Bengal and Assam. In Bangladesh, it is also referred to as “Shukto” or “Bhel puri”.
Bhel puri is the young urban generation’s street snack, a delectable combination of puris or puffs, chickpeas, chutneys, and spices. It is the official snack of the city of Lucknow. It is a relish, tangy, spicy, and unique mix of different delights.
Bhel puri is an Indian dish from the city of Mumbai. The name means “earthen pot”, because it is cooked in a clay pot. It is usually eaten as a snack or a meal in the evening, with some of the ingredients being vegetables, chaat masala, and Indian sweets.
Bhel puri is one of the most well-known and popular chaats. It’s a spicy, sweet, and sour concoction. In various locations, it is known by different names, such as jhaal muri (hot puffed rice) in Kolkota, churumuri in Bangalore, and bhel puri in other places. It is simple to make at home according to your preferences. Puffed rice, a vegetable combination (onion, grated carrot, coriander leaves, cooked potato, green chilies, cucumber), sweet chutney (tamarind chutney), green chutney, and sev are used to make bhel puri (a thin fried noodle made with gram flour). These are the most frequent components used in bhel puris; other additions include papdi or golgappa (a crispy flour puri), raw mango, and pomegranate (anardana). Chopped onion, green chilies, and coriander leaves are often added to the final snack (bhelpuri). When all of these components are combined, you get bhel puri, a delectable and wonderful chaat (snack). Bhel puri is a simple and few-ingredient dish that can be prepared at home. Bombay bhel mix (a combination of puffed rice, crispies, papadi, peanuts, and other ingredients) is now available in the market, and all you have to do is add the chutneys and other ingredients to taste.
- 2 tbsp onion (chopped)
- 1/4 green chilli (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- season with salt to taste
- 2 or 3 papdi or golgappa (crushed)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1/2 boiled (small, mashed) potato
- a large pinch of roasted jeera powder
- a sprinkle of chaat masala (optional) (optional)
- 2 tbsp cucumber (chopped)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 3–4 tablespoons tamarind chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green chutney
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sev – a small number
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pomegranate (Anar dana)
- 1 cup bhel (puffed rice) (250 ml cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oil (optional)
- In a skillet or other vessel, add a little oil (optional), the puffed rice, and the turmeric powder, and roast on low heat until the puffed rice is crispy and thoroughly combined with the turmeric powder.
- Place a cooked potato in a bowl, crush it, add a sprinkle of chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, or chaat masala, and a bit of salt, mix well, and set away.
- To begin, finely chop all of the veggies and have them on hand.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (puffed rice, onion, green chili, roasted peanuts, crushed golgappa or papdi), smashed potato, raw mango, roasted cumin powder, and chili powder).
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp green chutney
- Serve in a dish with sev, pomegranate, tamarind, and green chutney, as well as coriander leaves, to taste.
- Delicious and tasty bhel puri is ready.
- You may gently bake your puffed rice in a vessel to make it crispy, depending on how fresh it is.
- Bombay Bhel puri mix is sold in shops, or you may make your own using any crispies combined with puffed rice. Just purchase it and add your favorite chutneys and seasonings.
- Add the spices to your liking; some people like sweet, while others prefer hot.
- As chutneys are made differently in each home, add the veggies and chutneys to taste.
You’ll need: – a plate – a spoon – three cups of puri – one cup of chutney – three cups of sambar – two cups of curd – three cups of yogurt – three cups of pickles – one cup of vegetable – and a round table. Read more about bhel puri recipe in tamil and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is bhel puri healthy?
Bhel puri is a popular Indian dish that is made with boiled rice, spiced lentils, and vegetables. Its typically served in a spicy tomato sauce.
Is bhel puri served hot or cold?
Bhel puri is served hot.
Does bhel puri reduce weight?
Bhel puri is a dish that is made of puffed rice, vegetables, and spices. It can be eaten as a snack or as an accompaniment to a meal. It does not reduce weight.