This sandwich is a classic example of the type of food that’s made in Hawaii. It’s called an Ahi tuna steak sandwich, and it’s filled with ingredients like tomatoes, avocados, and alfalfa sprouts.
Ahi tuna sandwich sauce is a type of condiment that typically consists of soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger. It can be used to flavor sandwiches or other types of food.
- 14 teaspoon prepared wasabi or 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (maximum of 2 g fat per tablespoon; I used Best Foods/ Hellmann’s)
- 2 (4-ounce) sashimi- or sushi-grade ahi tuna fillets12 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- To taste, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 whole-wheat or whole-grain hamburger buns (about 32-inch diameter)
- 6 thinly sliced plum tomatoes, or 2–4 bigger pieces
- 1 small leaf green lettuce, split in half, or more according to preference
When preparing this sandwich, it’s critical to have all of your ingredients prepared and ready to go before you start frying the tuna.
- Wasabi or horseradish should be well mixed into the mayonnaise. If desired, add extra to taste. Remove from the equation.
- Place the fillets between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap if they are thicker than 34 inches or not at least slightly bigger than the buns. Pounded them with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a pan until they are slightly bigger than the buns.
- Using your hands, rub the olive oil evenly over the fillets. Season the fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Over high heat, place a small nonstick skillet. Add the fillets when the pan is extremely heated (but not so hot that it smokes). Sear them for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side, or until the outsides are golden brown in places but the insides are rare.
- Meanwhile, on the bottom of each bun, put half a lettuce leaf and three tomato slices. 1 fillet on top of each. Half of the mayonnaise mixture is saved for the bun tops, which are then flipped onto the sandwiches. Serve right away.
The ahi tuna sandwich recipes is a dish that can be made with ingredients that are easily found at any grocery store. It includes ahi tuna, mayonnaise, and soy sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
What goes good with ahi tuna steaks?
Ahi tuna steaks are best served with a side of asian slaw.
Is ahi tuna steak healthy?
Ahi tuna steak is a healthy choice because its low in fat and high in protein.
What spice is good with tuna?
I cannot answer this question.
- chili’s tuna steak sandwich recipe
- seared ahi tuna sandwich
- blackened ahi sandwich
- tuna steak sandwich aioli
- seared tuna steak sandwich recipe