Join us for a Hawaiian Luau and show as we celebrate the spirit of Aloha.
The disney polynesian recipes is a show that takes place in the spirit of aloha. It tells the story of a native Hawaiian volcano goddess who has been banished from her island for stealing fire.
Caring is shared!
Disclaimer on the Recipe
- Walt Disney World Guest Services or a Disney Chef at the restaurant gave me the recipe for this Dessert with a Volcano Dinner Show “Spirit of Aloha”.
- The Disney Chefs may have scaled down the recipe in Volcano Dessert from the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show for the home cook. For The Recipes Of Disney, I make no modifications to the recipes that Disney has provided me.
- Photos of the cuisine were taken on different visits to Disney throughout the years. All of the dishes on The Recipes Of Disney came from my own Disney recipe collection, which began in 2013.
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Luau Cove hosts the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show twice a night. This is a family-style luau with all-you-can-eat food, hula dance, and a fire-knife performance. This is an open-air covered dining theater due to the nature of the dinner performance.
Menu for Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show’s menu has changed. For a long time, this luau dinner show’s description was:
Pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing and Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice, and seasonal veggies Make sure to leave space for the chocolate “mouse” volcano!
The chocolate “mouse” volcano from the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show menu has been discontinued. This volcano dessert consisted of a chocolate mousse pyramid dripping with raspberry sauce. It was a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Disney Recipes from the Past
The Polynesian’s Luau no longer serves this chocolate volcano. Hopefully, Disney will bring back this famous dessert in the future, but in the meanwhile, I have a selection of vintage retro Disney recipes to share with you, including this luau volcano dessert.
Are you familiar with the mousse dessert served during the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show? Did you find it enjoyable? Would you want to see it return to Walt Disney World? Let’s discuss it in the comments!
Make sure to have a look at:
Baklava Recipe for the Flower and Garden Festival
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes
1 hour to prepare
1 hour and 20 minutes total
This volcano dessert consisted of a chocolate mousse pyramid dripping with raspberry sauce.
- 2 quarts of heavy cream
- White chocolate (8 ounce)
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- Sugar, 10 oz
- Mango/pineapple/passion fruit/lemon 10 oz exotic fruit puree
- Cocoa Powder (1 oz.)
- White chocolate should be melted at room temperature.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until they have a creamy texture.
- Tropical fruits should be pureed and combined with the egg mixture.
- White chocolate should be added.
- Whip heavy cream until it reaches a creamy but not quite hard consistency, then fold it into the batch.
- Fill tiny molds with the mixture and freeze until solid.
- Dust the frozen molds with cocoa powder and place them on a serving dish.
- Serve with a tropical and berry sauce of your choice.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 722 calories 43 g total fat 26g Saturated Fat 1 gram of trans fat 13 g of unsaturated fat 159 milligrams of cholesterol Sodium: 59 milligrams 82g carbohydrate 2 g fiber 77 g sugar 7 g protein
- ohana restaurant disney
- the polynesian disney