Chicken teriyaki is one of those Japanese dishes that just screams comfort food. Whether you’re at home, at work, or on the go, this food is a perfect fit to help boost your mood and make you feel better. The salty sweet teriyaki sauce complements the tender chicken meat, so it’s not only a great side dish, but it’s also the perfect main to bring you comfort at any time of the day.
We’ve got to admit, we love teriyaki chicken. Especially teriyaki chicken made with soy sauce and then grilled. The sweet and sour sauce that comes with it gives it such a zesty flavor. When a dish like this is good, it’s hard to go back to the old way of doing things. We usually get tired of fast food teriyaki chicken after trying it once or twice, but we swear this version from a Japanese BBQ restaurant is the best. The meat is well marbled with meat and tender, and the sauce is sweet and savory.
Using low-fat ingredients, this dish is a delicious, low-fat, and healthy alternative to your traditional dish, full of flavor, and very tender. This is the Best Chicken Teriyaki recipe that will ever exist, and you will never forget it.
Teriyaki chicken is one of the most famous and adored chicken dishes in Japanese cuisine. You can prepare this Chicken Teriyaki meal with only a few cupboard items, and then enjoy those delectable chicken rice bowls with the wonderful teriyaki sauce.
If you want to create Homemade Teriyaki Chicken, it’s really very simple. You will feel as if you are dining in a 5-star restaurant if you prepare it correctly at home. Only a few ingredients and spices are required, including chicken thighs/wings, sugar, soy sauce, and spices such as black pepper. You may alternatively use Japanese rice wine or Sake (if available) or leave it out entirely.
The chicken is flavorful, juicy, and tender. This is, without a doubt, the best teriyaki chicken you will ever eat. It’s baked in a rich, delectable teriyaki sauce to prevent the chicken from drying out and to retain the liquid within the thighs.
Teriyaki Chicken: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Cooking oil is heated in a big pan over medium heat. Stir fry the chicken until it is lightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic to the middle of the pan and cook for 30 seconds, or until it is faintly fragrant. Pour in the sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over steaming rice with green onion slices as a garnish.
Teriyaki Sauce: How to Make It
The Teriyaki sauce is very simple to prepare. I always suggest making your own teriyaki sauce since it tastes so much better than store-bought. It has a wonderful taste that is perfectly delicious, sweet, and spicy. If someone challenges me, I can consume this sauce in a matter of minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix water, garlic, soy sauce, ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, and rice vinegar to create your wonderful teriyaki sauce.
- Bring it to a boil, then thicken with cornstarch mixed in water or soy sauce.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sesame seeds until sauce has thickened, about 1-2 minutes. That’s it, you’re done with your sauce.
So there you have it: how to create the perfect teriyaki sauce. You may keep it for 3-4 weeks in the fridge or in a jar.
Serving Suggestions for Teriyaki Chicken
Serve your Teriyaki chicken with chicken fried rice or plain steamed white rice. Steamed broccoli may also be added. I recommend drizzling all of the excess Teriyaki sauce over everything for maximum taste since the rice absorbs part of the sauce and makes it much more delicious. You can easily make a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl at home by topping your chicken with chopped green onion or sesame seeds.
Still famished! Check out some of my other chicken recipes here:
Teriyaki chicken baked
In Japanese cuisine, teriyaki chicken is the most popular chicken dish. You just need a few cupboard items to create this Chicken Teriyaki meal.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Combine cold water, cornstarch, vinegar, sugar, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, and ground black pepper in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425 degrees F).
- Brush the chicken pieces on both sides with the sauce and place them in your baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the center is no longer pink. During the cooking process, pour the sauce every 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion slices and serve over steaming rice or broccoli.
So, guys, I hope you like this Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken lovers searching for Teriyaki Chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram!
Please pass this recipe along!
The food blogger community has a thing for chicken teriyaki—and that’s a good thing. Teriyaki is light, healthy, and loaded with flavor. And the best way to prepare it is with chicken, which is why the internet was absolutely buzzing with buzzfeed-worthy photos of chicken teriyaki during the past year.. Read more about teriyaki chicken and rice and let us know what you think.