The idea of the stuffed pepper is not new, but the way in which it is made has changed over time. With a variety of different peppers and spices, cooking up a batch of these peppers can be quite an adventure.
Stuffed Peppers Florina is a recipe that has been passed down through generations. It’s a favorite dish in many households, especially during the holidays.
- 4 to 6 fresh red or green peppers Poblano or Anaheim chiles
- 14 finely chopped onion
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 12 teaspoon cumin powder
- a third of a cup of currants
- 2 tblsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 14 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 14 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
While Florina peppers are not readily available in the United States, they may be purchased roasted and bottled, or you may be able to use red Anaheim chiles.
- Place the chiles on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil approximately 8 inches from the broiler to roast them. Broil them on both sides until the skin blisters and becomes black. (The chiles themselves should not be burned.) Take the baking sheet out of the oven and cover the chiles with a clean dish towel right away. Allow them to cool completely before covering them. Carefully peel off the skins with a paring knife or your fingers, then split one side and remove the seeds and veins.
- Combine the onion, rice, cinnamon, cumin, currants, dill, and parsley in a mixing dish and stir well with a fork. Press the garlic cloves into the rice mixture using a garlic press. Season with salt to taste and thoroughly combine.
- Olive oil should be used to coat the slow cooker insert.
- Fill each pepper with as much rice mixture as it will hold, then gently reassemble the chile and place it in the slow cooker insert’s bottom.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over all of the chiles in the slow cooker, cover, and simmer on low for approximately 2 hours, or until the chiles are soft and the stuffing is heated throughout.
Stuffed Long Peppers are a great dish to serve at any dinner. They’re easy to make and delicious. Reference: stuffed long peppers.
- jamie oliver stuffed peppers feta cheese
- greek stuffed peppers
- feta stuffed peppers
- feta stuffed peppers in oil
- cheese stuffed peppers