This is a recipe for smoked Spanish-style grilled chicken. It’s easy to make and has a great smoky flavor.
The spanish grilled chicken marinade is a great way to cook chicken. It’s also the perfect recipe for those who want to try something new and exciting in their kitchen.
The smells and tastes of HONEY and CUMIN are irresistible. This recipe embodies the sweet-and-sour Moorish influences that pervade much of Spanish cuisine.
- 1 trimmed entire broiler chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 14 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as required
- 2–3 teaspoons sherry vinegar, plus more if necessary
- 2 garlic cloves, cut very coarsely
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- To taste, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- honey (three tablespoons)
- The chicken’s back should be trimmed. Remove the giblets package and put it away to be used later. Inside and out, wash the chicken and pat it dry.
- Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar in a wide, shallow mixing basin. Combine the garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Place the chicken in the bowl and flip it to cover it with the marinade all over. Cover, place in the refrigerator, and marinate for 1 to 4 hours, tossing occasionally in the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a shallow roasting pan, place the chicken breast side up on a rack. Brush the marinade all over the breast, thighs, and wings. Placing the pan on the grill rack is a good idea. Cover the grill and smoke the chicken for 11â„4 to 13â„4 hours (be sure the vents are open). Brush the chicken with the marinade every 10 to 15 minutes while it’s cooking. Whisk the honey into the marinade around 15 to 20 minutes before the chicken is cooked, then refill with a little olive oil and vinegar. This should be applied to the whole bird.
- Continue grilling for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is a deep brown with crisp skin and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the grill, wrap it in foil to keep it warm, and set it aside for 10 minutes before carving.
The spanish smoked paprika chicken is a recipe that uses smoked paprika to give it a unique flavor. It can be served as an entree or as a side dish for other dishes.