This recipe is for a sweet and sour chicken that is slow-cooked in a crock pot. It’s a quick and fun dinner that can be made in about 30 minutes start to finish, is low-carb, and can be scaled up or down depending on how many people you’re serving.
This one is for all the lazy people out there who have been craving for a good, slow cooker chicken recipe. I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was really delicious. And the best part is that it’s all made in the crock pot and you can have a delicious meal ready in less than an hour.
In this recipe, I show you how to make a delicious sweet and sour chicken dish using a crockpot. It is a lot easier to make than you might think. The traditional way to make this dish is to marinate the chicken overnight, but you can also do it in just 3 hours. You can even prep it the night before and put it in the fridge till you are ready to go.. Read more about crockpot sweet and sour chicken (4 ingredients) and let us know what you think.
Sweet and Sour Chicken in the Slow Cooker – Made with pineapple chunks, bell peppers, a flavorful sweet and sour sauce, and, of course, juicy and moist chicken served over rice, this simple crockpot chicken dish is a great supper takeaway.
As a hearty Chinese takeaway supper, serve this wonderful crockpot sweet and sour chicken to the whole family. If you want to make it in a skillet, go here for the recipe.
Most Commonly Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it Chinese to eat sweet and sour chicken?
Yes, this meal is often offered in Chinese restaurants around the world. It usually consists of white flesh chicken that has been deep-fried in batter and served with sweet and sour sauce, as well as green pepper, pineapple, carrots, or sweet pickles.
Is sweet and sour chicken the same as orange chicken?
A lighter-colored sweet, savory, sour glaze is typically applied to orange chicken. And genuine Chinese-style orange chicken is made with dried orange peel, not fresh oranges or orange juice, and it isn’t battered and fried.
What is the difference between sesame and sweet and sour chicken?
Sweet-sour chicken has a bit more heat and is usually sweeter, whereas sesame chicken has a touch of sweetness and is typically salty and topped with sesame seeds. The sauce is brighter in color than the brown sauce that comes with the sesame chicken.
- You don’t need to add any more salt since the soy sauce provides it for you, but the sodium content may vary, so taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- If you don’t have ketchup on hand, you may use tomato paste. Although the flavor will be somewhat altered, you will still love the dish.
- You may use a variety of veggies, such as onions, bell peppers of any color, water chestnuts, or even baby corn. Red chili peppers may also be added to the mix (seeds removed).
What’s the Best Way to Serve Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken?
Serve this meal over cooked white rice or brown rice for the best results. You may also add some additional sauce to some spaghetti or rice noodles or pasta.
How to Make Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
This simple crockpot Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken, prepared with pineapple chunks, bell peppers, a flavorful sweet and sour sauce, and, of course, juicy and moist chicken served over rice, is a great supper takeaway.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hour, 30 min
Total Time: 3 hours and 40 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
5.0 out of 5 stars based on 1 review (s)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- a quarter cup of sugar
- 1 quart of vinegar
- ketchup, 1/2 cup
- 1 can pineapple chunks (20 oz.)
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1″ pieces (you can also use thighs)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- corn starch, 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Drain the pineapple and store it in a jar in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken, pineapple juice, and bell peppers in a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sugar Combine the corn starch, ketchup, vinegar, and garlic in a mixing bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Cook until the meat is done on high for 1.5-2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- With the remaining cornstarch, make a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch + water) and whisk it into the chicken mixture.
- Cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the sauce slightly thickens, with the saved pineapple.
- Garnish with green onions if preferred, and serve over steaming rice or noodles.
Still famished! Check Out These Other Delectable Chicken Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you like this weekly crockpot sweet and sour chicken with pineapple juice recipe. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a slow cooker gourmet sweet and sour chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
One of the first things I learned in a slow cooker is that all slow cookers are not created equal. Some are massive, microwave-sized appliances that take hours to cook food; others are tiny ones that put out an electric flame for a few minutes. As for the recipes, some are complicated, others simple and easy to follow. And the results? Well, you will never know what you are missing when you’re always too busy to cook.. Read more about sweet and sour chicken slow cooker allrecipes and let us know what you think.