This pudding is a slow cooker recipe that requires no stirring. The ingredients are layered into the crockpot, and then it simmers for hours until the pudding is thick and creamy.
Slow Cooker Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding is a dessert that can be made in the slow cooker to come out perfect every time.
This Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding in the Slow Cooker is a delicious winter warming dish that’s fast and simple to make.
I’m often asked for dessert suggestions, whether for a big event or a family meal. This one is very wonderful, despite the fact that it isn’t showy or elaborate.
Speaking of not showy, I’ve discovered that this is a really difficult dish to photograph well! So you’ll just have to take my word for it and try it anyhow, since brown doesn’t photograph well.
My Slow Cooker Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding is a huge hit, and although chocolate is always a winner when it comes to sweets, this is a wonderful alternative.
A wonderful soft cake foundation topped with a creamy, silky butterscotch sauce that begs to be served with vanilla ice cream or custard! I changed the original recipe to include extra sauce since I believe the sauce is the most delicious part.
The butterscotch pudding cake foundation is delicious and easy on its own, but it requires something saucy to raise it up!
More winter warming treats may be found on my other website, Just A Mum.
BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE ON STICKY DATE PUDDING
PIE WITH CARAMEL APPLES
APPLE PIE FROM GRANDMA
THE BEST SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
The reason I like self-saucing puddings in the slow cooker is that you can make them quickly and leave them to cook while you prepare dinner. You can also put them in the slow cooker in the late afternoon and set it to be ready when dinner is ready – you’ll have dessert ready and a lovely smelling house!
My oven version of this dish can be seen on my other website; it’s very simple and just takes 40 minutes in the oven. Using the slow cooker technique, this dish is equally as delicious.
Oven-baked Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding from Just A Mum
I make it in my slow cooker on HIGH using pantry basics, and I believe you’ll like it. It takes anything from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on the size of your slow cooker, how long it takes to heat, and how long it takes to cook.
When the cake portion is obviously baked and there is no more wet stuff in the center, the pudding is done. It makes a lovely sauce that everyone will love.
I’d love to hear about your favorite slow cooker desserts in the comments section below. In the following months, I’ll be revealing more of my. If you like this recipe, visit my Dessert Page to view other desserts.
Now for the Slow Cooker Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding recipe – I hope you like it!
Slow Cooker Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes
Time to prepare: 2 hours
2 hours and 20 minutes total
This delicious winter warming dish is extremely popular and simple to prepare in your slow cooker.
- 155 g Self-Raising Flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 50 g brown sugar, 1/4 cup
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 125 mL milk, 1/2 cup
- 30 mL Golden Syrup (2 Tablespoons)
- 150 g Brown Sugar, 3/4 cup
- Cornflour, 1 1/2 teaspoons (10 grams)
- 45 mL golden syrup, 3 teaspoons
- 500 mL 2 Cups Boiling Water
- Coat the inner surface of a slow cooker bowl with cooking spray or butter.
- Incorporate the flour and the first measure of brown sugar in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg, milk, and first measure of golden syrup in a separate small bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the liquids into the flour mixture and stir well to incorporate.
- Place this in the bottom of the slow cooker bowl that has been prepared.
- Combine the second measure of brown sugar and cornflour in a small dish and sprinkle over the top of the foundation.
- Whisk together the hot water and golden syrup in a medium jug.
- Cover with the lid and pour this over the whole pudding.
- Bake on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the foundation cake is done (test with a fork). It should resemble a cake and be dry on top.
- Allow for a 20-minute rest before serving to thicken the sauce somewhat.
- Serve with ice cream, cream, or custard as a topping.
The first time you use your slow cooker, you’ll need to test how long it takes to cook.
It’s that simple! It’s a dessert to share.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my newest recipe and others on my site.
If you haven’t already, like me on Facebook or Instagram for more Slow Cooker goodness, and enter your email in the box below to get all of my recipes as soon as they’re published.
Good luck with your cooking!
It’s worth pinning! Pinterest
This chocolate caramel self-saucing pudding is a slow cooker recipe that uses butter, sugar, and heavy cream. The pudding is then finished with chocolate chips and caramel sauce.
- butterscotch self saucing pudding mug
- butterscotch self-saucing pudding nz
- microwave butterscotch self saucing pudding nz
- lemon self saucing pudding
- butterscotch self-saucing pudding woolworths