This traditional cake is a favorite in the United States. The rainbow colors are achieved by using food coloring to make different shades of red, green, blue, and yellow.
The leopard print cake recipe is a delicious and colorful cake that will look great on any occasion.
This video guide will show you how to create a rainbow leopard cake.
- The vanilla cake batter should be divided into the following amounts: 1/4-1/2 cup per bowl (no color), 1 cup (black) (x 5 for each color). Color the batter as desired, then pipe it into piping bags.
- Place 1/2 cup vanilla cake batter in the bottom of a greased 8″ round cake pan and smooth with an offset spatula to cover the whole bottom.
- Pipe 5 circles on top of the cake batter using the black cake batter, beginning approximately 1/2″ from the pan’s border and working your way to the middle.
- Fill the piping bag with colored cake batter and pipe directly over the black line. Each circle should only have one color.
- Return to the colored lines with the black cake batter.
- Fill vacant areas between rounds with plain vanilla batter in a piping bag. Cover the circles with cake batter as well.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Steps 1–7 should be repeated two more times for a total of three layers of cake. Allow each layer to cool fully before proceeding.
- After the cakes have cooled, stack them and cover with a thin coating of buttercream.
- Using a gel paste, tint the leftover vanilla buttercream and put it in piping bags. Fill a piping bag with the black buttercream and a #10 tip.
- Make thick icing lines on the edge of the cake with the colored buttercream.
- “Wipe” buttercream off the edge of the cake with an icing scraper or flat spatula, flattening it level. Carry on with the top of the cake in the same manner.
- Allow buttercream to set before piping leopard markings in flat black irregular circles.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. The cake should be eaten within 2-3 days.
The leopard birthday cake is a type of cake that has a rainbow-colored frosting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a leopard rainbow cake?
To make a leopard rainbow cake, you need to start by making a chocolate cake. Next, take two different colored frosting and cover the cake in that color. You can then add sprinkles on top of the frosting to make it look like rainbows.
What does a rainbow cake signify?
A rainbow cake is a cake that has been dyed with food coloring to create a multicolored appearance. This is typically done by using food coloring in the batter and then pouring it into a pan coated with frosting.
How do you make a leopard print cake?
You will need to use a large amount of black and white frosting, as well as a few drops of red food coloring. Once you have the desired color, start by making a layer of chocolate cake batter. Next, make a layer of white frosting on top of the chocolate cake. After that, make another layer of chocolate cake batter and then add in some more white frosting before adding in the final layer of red frosting.
- leopard print cake decorations
- leopard print cake inside
- leopard print cake topper
- leopard print cake stencil
- how to make leopard print cake with buttercream