Khus Khuse Udha is a popular drink in Bangladesh. It is made from poppy seeds that are soaked in water, then boiled for an hour or two, strained and served cold.
Khus khus is a traditional drink that is made with poppy seeds, water, sugar and spices. The drink has been used for centuries in India to treat pain and inflammation. Read more in detail here: khus khus.
Poppy seed juice is a classic summer refresher. A refreshing drink that our forefathers drank to beat the heat in the summer. This poppy beverage is said to have a cooling effect on the body. As a result, it’s a refreshing summer beverage.
The addition of coconut and poppy seeds to this drink adds richness and a much-needed flavor. The addition of cardamom enhances the flavor and fragrance of this drink. The addition of jaggery as a sweetener makes this drink even healthier. Poppy juice is best served cold and is a complete health drink in a cup.
In Konkani, this poppy juice is known as khus khuse udha, while in Kannada, it is known as gasagase juice. Poppy seeds are known in Konkani and Kannada as khus khus and gasagase, respectively. Poppy seeds offer a slew of additional health advantages.
You’ll need the following ingredients to create this poppy drink:
- 1 pound poppy seeds
- a half cup of shredded coconut
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup jaggery (powdered)
Time to prepare: 15-20 minutes
Method of Preparation:
- Using 1 cup of water, grind poppy seeds, shredded coconut, jaggery, and cardamom into a smooth paste.
- Pour another cup of water into the crushed poppy concentrate in a jar. Mix thoroughly. If necessary, add additional water.
- Enjoy the relaxed version.
- You have the option of straining the juice before serving it or serving it as is. You don’t want to miss out on all the beneficial fibers.
- Depending on your taste, adjust the quantity of jaggery you use.
1. Refrigerate the juice for up to a day of enjoyment. Due to the usage of coconut, the juice should be consumed on the same day it is made.
2. Keep in mind that poppy seeds contain opiates and should not be given to minors or eaten in excessive quantities.
3. Grind this juice in a wet grinder for a very smooth juice with little residue at the end. You could use a blender, but you’ll probably end up with a lot of gritty residue. The juice may then need to be strained.
Here are a couple more classic cocktails: Sesame juice, green gram juice, cantaloupe drink, hibiscus juice, and finger millet juice are some of the juices available.
Tags: Konkani cuisine, Konkani food, Konkani recipes, Udupi cuisine, Mangalore cuisine, healthy drink, summer cooler, homemade healthy juice, khaskhase udha, gasgase juice, summer drink, Konkani cuisine, Konkani food, Konkani recipes, Udupi cuisine, Mangalore cuisine
Frequently Asked Questions
Is KHUS KHUS same as poppy seeds?
KHUS is an acronym for KHUStlers Unite Under Secret Service.
Can we take Khas Khas daily?
How long should you soak KHUS KHUS?
KHUS KHUS should be soaked in the bath for at least 20 minutes.
- poppy seeds for planting
- are poppy seeds ok for dogs
- poppy seed cake