This is a quick and easy one-pot meal that can be prepared quickly and tastes great! Chicken thighs are marinated in a mixture of garlic sauce and soy sauce, browned with a bit of butter, then cooked in garlic sauce until done. Shredded carrots and potatoes are cooked along side to make it resembles a traditional chicken and rice dish.
Baked chicken is a fantastic meal that is easy to make and always tastes amazing. It is quick and easy to get the chicken and rice cooked in one pot , especially if you are a lover of garlic. You can use butter to coat the chicken and keep it moist, or you can use olive oil instead.
Growing up, I wasn’t particularly fond of starchy foods. It wasn’t until I moved to America, where I was exposed to a wide variety of foods that my waistline grew. Not only that, but the combination of starchy foods and a sedentary lifestyle undoubtedly contributed to the pounds I gained upon my arrival, all of which were slowly making me quite uncomfortable.. Read more about one pot chicken and rice and let us know what you think.
This is the one-dish meal you didn’t realize you were missing. Our One-Pot Garlic Chicken and Rice is delectable and oh-so-comfortable! Chicken thighs are seasoned and nestled inside sautéed onions and garlic before being cooked to perfection with rice and chicken broth. I really like it when a dinner can be prepared in just one dish, making cleanup a breeze.
I’m not going to lie… I purchased bone-in chicken thighs by mistake. When I recognized it, I didn’t know what to do with them. My initial idea was to grill them, but in this Florida heat, I didn’t want to spend 20-30 minutes outdoors by the grill. I wanted to make something that was both simple and tasty. It took a few attempts to get this one exactly perfect, but once I did, I knew it was going to be a hit. The seasoning is subtle yet noticeable. The rice and chicken are very moist, soaking up all of the flavorful sauce. This is a fantastic meal for the whole family to enjoy!
What kinds of dishes can I create using chicken thighs?
Chicken thighs may be used in a variety of dishes. There’s a lot to choose from when it comes to baking, cooking, and grilling! We suggest the following three dishes from other bloggers:
Is it possible to boil raw chicken with rice?
Yes! This is precisely what we’re going to accomplish in this recipe. When raw chicken is simmered in a stew pot, it remains juicy and adds flavor to the broth as well as the rice. This is a really easy to use and prepare recipe. The most important thing to remember is to fully roast the chicken to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This recipe cooks at a low temperature, ensuring that all of the ingredients remain light, fluffy, and moist.
Ingredients for our Garlic Chicken and Rice in One Pot:
- Chicken Thighs with Bones
- powdered garlic
- Onion, yellow
- rice that is white
- Broth made with chicken
- seasoning from the ranch
How to prepare our Garlic Chicken and Rice in One Pot:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine the paprika, thyme, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Place the chicken thighs in a basin and pour the paprika mixture over them, making sure they are well coated. Remove from the equation.
Heat a quarter-pound of butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium heat.
Add the diced onions and garlic once the butter has melted. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the garlic has become a beautiful golden brown color. Stir constantly to prevent the garlic and butter from burning.
Stir in the rice after that. Stir the rice for approximately 60 seconds to absorb the tastes of the garlic and onions.
Place the seasoned thighs on top of the rice mixture once it is done.
Stir in the ranch seasoning, 2 tblsp. to the broth and water. Finally, bring the broth mixture to a boil over the other ingredients.
Cover and place in a preheated oven once it has reached a boil. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes. Cover and bake for another 20 minutes after the first 25 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the oven with care. Serve the rice with a nice fluff. Enjoy!
You may certainly attempt to put as many chicken thighs as you have in this recipe if you wind up with smaller chicken thighs. Because the four we used were bigger, this meal served approximately 6 people. There is certainly more rice than chicken in this dish, which I love since it makes a great leftover side dish for tomorrow! Rice is a favorite of mine and my children, therefore it’s usually a dinnertime favorite. This recipe provides the rice a delicious, genuine chicken and spice flavor that we like. Enjoy!
Do you like quick and easy recipes? Subscribe to our newsletters below, and we’ll send them to you right away!
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
1 hour to prepare
1 hour and 5 minutes total
- Bone-In Chicken Thighs (4-6)
- paprika (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tblsp. thyme (optional)
- garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, yellow
- garlic cloves (four)
- white rice, 1 1/2 cup
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 quart of water
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the paprika, thyme, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Set aside the chicken thighs after seasoning them with the mixture.
- Onions and garlic should be diced into tiny bits.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add the diced onions and garlic once the butter has melted. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the garlic has become a beautiful golden brown color. Stir constantly to prevent the garlic and butter from burning.
- Stir in the rice after that. Stir the rice for approximately 60 seconds to absorb the tastes of the garlic and onions before adding the liquid.
- The chicken thighs should then be placed on top of the rice mixture.
- Combine the broth and water, then stir in the 2 tbsp ranch seasoning. Stir everything together well.
- Finally, bring the broth mixture to a boil over the other ingredients.
- Cover and place in a preheated oven once it has reached a boil. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover and bake for another 20 minutes after the first 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken dish from the oven with caution. Serve the rice with a nice fluff. Enjoy!
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 426 calories 26 g total fat 10g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 15 g of unsaturated fat 189 milligrams of cholesterol 880mg sodium 17g carbohydrate 1 gram of fiber 2 g sugar 33 g protein
(Nutritional information is an estimate that may vary depending on cooking methods and ingredient brands used.)
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please leave a comment on the blog or use Instagram to submit a picture.
This is a simple, one-pot, garlic chicken dinner that’s packed with flavor thanks to garlic, whole-grain rice, and red wine.. Read more about indian chicken rice recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- one pot creamy garlic chicken and rice
- one pot chicken thighs and rice
- one pot chicken and rice
- best chicken and rice recipe
- chicken and rice one pot meal