A popular dish in the Philippines, mango pulihora is a sweet and savory rice dish with mangoes and eggs. The recipe includes many ingredients like brown sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
The Mango Rice Recipe is a dish that has mangoes in it. It is cooked in the rice and can be served with vegetables, meats, or chicken.
Are you looking for mango rice from South India? We offer to you the delectable mango rice. Mango rice, also known as pulihora, is a popular dish among south Indians during mango season. Mongo pulihora is a southern Indian dish made with raw sour mangoes during the summer season. And for many south Indians, this is the Ugadi special meal; furthermore, pulihora is served as a Prashad in several temples. This recipe’s primary components are sour mangoes, rice, and seasoning.
Mango pulihora/mango rice preparation:
Lemon or tamarind rice is quite similar to this dish. To begin, we must make steamed rice that is not sticky. We must also make grated green mango, which must be tart in flavor, in addition to the rice. Give the rice a new tempering, then add the grated mango to the tempering. The acidic taste comes from the mangoes, while the tampering provides spice and crunch to the rice.
To learn more about the components, read on:
- Mangoes: For this dish, raw sour mangoes are preferred. Make mango paste or add shredded mangoes to allow them to readily combine with the rice. However, ripe mangoes should not be used in this recipe.
- Curry leaves, green chilies, ginger, jeera, mustard seeds, chana dal, and urad dal are used to temper the dish. The rice is spiced with green chiles, and the tampering adds crunch. Above all, be certain that tampering does not result in a fire.
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
30 minutes in total
2 person serving
- 1 cup rice, boiled
- Mango, 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- Mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- channa dal, 1/2 tbsp
- urad dal, 1/2 tbsp
- 3–4 tablespoons ground nuts/peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- a quarter teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- a half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ten to fifteen curry leaves
- 5 green chili peppers
- 2 red chilli peppers
1) Boil the rice and keep it separate from the rest of the ingredients. 2) Peel the mango and grate it.
In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil.
Add the peanuts and sauté them separately in a bowl.
Sauté the cashew nuts until they are golden brown.
Allow the mustard and cumin seeds to crackle.
Toss in the chana dal, urad dal, green chilis, and red chilis.
Toss in the curry leaves, sliced ginger, and a sprinkle of asafoetida.
Toss in the turmeric powder well. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
Add the grated mango and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Video of Mango Pulihora Recipe
Recipes that are similar:
- Tamarind rice: Tamarind rice is similar to mango rice, but instead of mango, use tamarind. Make tamarind juice, then boil and puree the tamarind paste. Finally, combine the mixture with boiled rice and seasoning.
- Lemon rice is made by combining lemon juice with boiling rice and messing with it. However, do not add the lemon to the heated rice. To begin, let the cooked rice to cool.
- Coconut rice is made by grating the coconut and then roasting it in ghee or oil. Finally, add steamed rice and tamper with it. You should not overcook the rice in any of these recipes.
Mango Pulihora Recipe | Mango Rice Recipe is a dish that consists of rice, mango puree, and coconut. The ingredients are cooked in a pressure cooker until the mixture becomes creamy. Reference: mango rice udupi recipes.
- easy mango rice recipe
- authentic mango rice recipe
- ripe mango rice recipe indian
- side dish for mango rice