One of the most popular keto recipes is Keto Sesame Chicken. It is a delicious and healthy recipe that is also very easy to make. Just take the ingredients listed below and watch how the magic happens!
Keto Sesame Chicken Recipe (Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten Free)
I’m always looking for new and interesting ways to make low carb recipes, especially ones that I can make in a very short period of time. I’m not always a fan of using pre-made chicken breast for recipes since I find the chicken to be bland. I’ve discovered a much better way to make your chicken taste delicious!. Read more about keto crispy sesame chicken and let us know what you think.
Keto Sesame Chicken – This low-carb sesame chicken dish is perfect for low-carb and keto fans searching for a nutritious and tasty dinner with just 4 grams of net carbohydrates.
Is It Possible to Eat Sesame Chicken on a Keto Diet?
Before I answer this question, let me define sesame chicken. Sesame chicken is a popular Chinese restaurant meal prepared by breading chicken and deep frying it in oil.
And the breading includes high-carb heavy wheat flours and sugars, which is a no-no for any keto low-carb diet.
Now, if you’re wondering whether sesame chicken is keto-friendly, you’ve come to the right place. So, to answer your question, yes, it may be a keto-approved dinner provided specific components, such as wheat flours and other sugars, are substituted correctly.
Continue reading to learn all you need to know!
What is the flavor of this Keto Crispy Chicken?
Tender and juicy chicken pieces are encased in a rich, sticky sweet-savory sauce prepared with sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and other ingredients in this low-carb sesame chicken.
What kind of oil should I use for this recipe?
You may guess what it’s called: “keto diet sesame chicken” from the name! Yes, it’s sesame oil, since it provides a wonderful sesame taste and is far healthier than vegetable or canola oil.
You may now be wondering whether to use refined, roasted, or unrefined sesame oil.
If you want a rich, deep taste, I suggest using toasted oil. You may also use unrefined oil, but don’t use refined sesame oil since it’s only good for deep frying.
Can I make this keto chinese sesame chicken ahead of time?
Without a doubt! Simply prepare as directed below, divide into individual lunch containers (airtight containers), and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
What additional veggies can I use in this low-carb keto sesame chicken?
If you don’t like broccoli, you may substitute mushrooms, zucchini, green beans, or bok choy.
How to Make Sesame Chicken Sauce with Low Carbs
The key items we’ll need to create a delicious keto sesame chicken sauce are listed below.
Soy sauce – I used 0 carb soy sauce (which you can purchase here), but you could also use coconut aminos or liquid aminos as a substitute for soy sauce.
Sukrin gold is a low-carb sweetener, but you may also use Lakanto’s golden monkfruit sweetener, a stevia/erythritol mix, or any other brown sugar replacement.
I used distilled white vinegar, but apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar would also work.
Instead of xanthan gum, guar gum powder may be used to thicken the sauce.
Additional Flavors (Optional) – if you want to give the chicken a little more flavor, season the sauce with additional spice. Look for tastes that will go well with the rest of the recipe’s components.
How to Make Keto Low Carb Sesame Chicken in the Oven
Today we’re preparing the low-carb fried version, but I’ll show you how to make the baked keto sesame chicken almond flour recipe in a minute so you can pick what you want. (We don’t need as many ingredients for the baked version)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, 3-ounce heavy whipping cream, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside after whisking.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, 4 ounces almond flour, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a separate dish.
- Dip each chicken thigh into the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture, coating well. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces, then put aside.
- Bake the breaded chicken for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the chicken is crispy.
What’s a good side dish to go with these keto sesame chicken thighs?
Serve it with fried or steamed cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli, lettuce wraps, green beans, zucchini noodles, or shirataki noodles as a side dish.
15-minute prep time
15 minutes to prepare
30 minutes in total
For the chicken, prepare as follows:
- 1 pound chicken thighs, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 big egg
- corn starch, 1 tbsp (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- seasoning with salt and pepper
To make the sauce, combine the following ingredients.
- coconut aminos, 2 tbsp (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold or golden monkfruit sweetener (Lakanto)
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sesame seeds, 2 tbsp
- xanthan gum, 1/4 teaspoon
- To create a batter, whisk together an egg and a spoonful of arrowroot powder in a mixing dish.
- Coat the chicken thigh pieces well.
- Heat a big pan with a tablespoon of oil, then add the chicken thighs one at a time, so they don’t stick together.
- Fry the chicken for approximately 10 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing together all of the sauce ingredients in a basin.
- Pour the sauce straight into the pan after the chicken is cooked through and toss to mix. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Done! Remove from the skillet and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds before serving over cauliflower rice or broccoli.
Net Carbohydrates: 4 g
1 tbsp arrowroot powder contributes approximately 3.5 net carbohydrates per serving.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
Calories per serving: 1 Amount Per Serving 470 34 g total fat 8g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 25g of unsaturated fat 256mg Cholesterol 386 mg sodium 5 g Carbohydrates 1 gram of fiber 0 g sugar 39 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
So, guys, I hope you like this keto low carb sesame chicken recipe that I prepare once a week. This recipe will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a one-pot keto sesame chicken and broccoli dish. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
There is a growing list of people who seek out the health benefits of the ketogenic diet, and with good reason. The ketogenic diet is a low-carb diet that forces your body to use fat as fuel rather than glucose or carbohydrates.. Read more about is sesame sauce keto friendly and let us know what you think.