The keto diet is a low-carb, moderate protein, and high fat diet that is high in fat, but low in carbs. The diet helps with weight loss and may help reduce certain types of cancer.
If you’ve been looking for a quick, simple, and healthy recipe that’s keto-friendly, then look no further. This keto jerk chicken recipe is great for any night of the week. It’s easy to make, but the result is a delicious, meaty meal that’ll keep you satisfied and full for hours. It’s also low carb, but, if you’re looking to lose weight, you can always swap the jerk seasoning with your favorite low carb seasoning blend.
I have always been a fan of Jamaican jerk chicken. I have tried many variations of this dish over the years and although they have all been good, none have kept me coming back for more. I was about to conclude that I was never going to find a recipe for Jamaican jerk chicken that I would truly like. Then, about 2 months ago, I came across this recipe for Keto Jerk Chicken and decided to give it a try.
Keto Jerk Chicken — This low-carb jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican restaurant-style meal prepared with juicy chicken thighs and a marinade full of healthful herbs and spices, ideal for a relaxing evening.
Jerk Chicken is a kind of chicken that comes from Jamaica.
Jerk chicken is also known as Jamaican jerk chicken because the jerk spice mix is used to season and marinade the chicken as a dry rub or wet paste and is usually smoked, roasted, or grilled.
What part of the chicken should you use to get the most flavor?
Always use dark meat chunks for this kind of dish, such as chicken thighs or drumsticks; the darker the flesh, the more juiciness and taste. You can substitute chicken breast, but I don’t suggest it since it will soon dry out.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Chicken?
Cook the chicken until the juices run clear and it is no longer pink. When inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the flesh and making sure you don’t touch the bone, make sure it registers 165 F.
On the Grill, How To Make Keto Jerk Chicken
- After marinating the chicken overnight in the refrigerator, remove it from the fridge and let it aside for 15-20 minutes to cool down to room temperature.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Cook the drumsticks on the grill for 35 to 40 minutes, or until completely done and juices run clear, flipping them halfway through for even cooking.
Jerk Chicken Keto (Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Chicken)
This low carb keto jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican restaurant-style meal prepared with juicy chicken thighs and a marinade full of healthful herbs and spices, ideal for a cozy evening.
15 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Combine all of the spices in a large mixing dish and set aside.
- Mix together the lime juice, coconut aminos, avocado oil, and stevia in a seasoning bowl.
- Coat the chicken drumsticks with the rub well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight after covering the bowl.
- Take it out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks for 55-60 minutes, or until completely done, on a large baking sheet.
- Done! Serve on a platter with the scallion on top and fresh lime wedges on the side.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
So, guys, I hope you like this keto jerk chicken recipe that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb Jamaican jerk chicken. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
To get started, we recommend that you purchase a butt of chicken thighs, which are a little more fatty than breasts. You will also need to get some jerk seasoning, which you can get at most grocery stores. We suggest going for a bottle of the authentic Jamaican jerk seasoning paste, which you can find at most specialty groceries.. Read more about keto jerk chicken delish and let us know what you think.