This Keto Chicken Taco Casserole recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog (and also on Pinterest). Why? Because it’s fabulous and nutritious. It’s also very simple and quick to make. You could only call this a “taco casserole” if you don’t have time to make a real one.
Skip the taco shells and load up on veggies to create a low carb Mexican chicken taco casserole. This keto chicken taco casserole is an awesome low carb chicken taco recipe that is packed with tons of healthy vegetables and herbs to get you through the week.
Here is the recipe for my low carb Mexican Chicken Taco Casserole. Instead of using ground beef, I used ground chicken. This turned out great.. Read more about keto mexican chicken casserole and let us know what you think.
Keto Chicken Taco Dish – Your whole family will love this low-carb Mexican chicken taco casserole. Combine all of the ingredients and enjoy this Mexican meal with just 5 grams of net carbohydrates.
Variations on Keto Chicken Taco Casserole
- If you want, you may use a mix of Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses instead of shredded cheddar.
- Depending on your preference, you may use salsa verde or Cantina Style Salsa.
How Do You Make Taco Seasoning From Scratch?
- a half cup of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. powdered onion
- 1 tbsp. powdered garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in an airtight container and stir to combine.
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning may be used for 1 package of taco seasoning (makes 6 taco seasoning packets).
- Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Toppings for Keto Mexican Chicken Breast Casserole
- Extra salsa, pickled jalapeos, sour cream, and shredded cheese may be added.
- Onions, tomatoes, cilantro, or even chopped avocado are all good options.
Is This Low-Carb Chicken Taco Casserole Freezable?
Yes! Absolutely. You may choose between two options:
- Bake it, cool it fully, chill it in the fridge, cover it firmly in plastic wrap, then double-wrap it in foil, and freeze it for up to 2-3 months.
- Freeze the mixture before baking, then prepare it until it’s time to bake. Place it in a freezer-friendly plastic bag with the air removed and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- When you’re ready to eat it, defrost it overnight and bake it at 350 degrees until hot and bubbling.
What Should You Serve With Keto Mexican Chicken Taco Casserole?
You may eat it with salad or in a lettuce wrap if you have any leftovers. This avocado may also be served with a slice of lime.
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
35 minutes to prepare
45 minutes in total
- 2 pound boneless, skinless, diced, cooked chicken breast (About 5 Cups)
- 1 CUP CHEDDAR CHEESE, SHREDDED
- Salsa (1 cup)
- 12 c. soured cream
- Taco Seasoning, 4 tblsp.
- 1 Bag Frozen Riced Cauliflower, 12 Ounce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno (about 1)
- 12 CUP ONION, CRUMBLED
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the chicken, cauliflower, onion, jalapeño, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning in a large mixing basin. Mix everything up well.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and spread evenly in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a warm oven, broiling for the final 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
Calories per serving (per serving): 494 23g total fat 11g Saturated Fat Unsaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1g 181 milligrams of cholesterol 988mg sodium 6 g Carbohydrates 3 g of fiber 7 g sugar 55 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto-friendly chicken taco casserole that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb keto ground chicken taco casserole. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it.
Please pass this recipe along!
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Taco Casserole – Ketogenic Diet Recipes . Mexican food is among the most popular cuisines in the world and there are endless ways of making it more healthy for those on a low carb or ketogenic diet. One example is this low carb Mexican chicken taco casserole which is low in carbs, high in protein and great for those on a keto diet plan.. Read more about ground chicken taco casserole and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto mexican chicken casserole recipes
- keto taco casserole
- chicken taco casserole
- keto chicken cauliflower casserole
- keto chicken alfredo casserole