If you’re looking for a delicious, easy keto dinner recipe, then look no further than this keto-friendly chicken parmesan casserole! This dish has all the taste of a classic chicken parmesan, but with added benefits of being keto and low carb at the same time!
This recipe is a low carb version of a traditional Italian dish that is very popular on the ketogenic diet. I used to eat this dish all the time when I was a kid and I liked it a lot. When I started the keto diet, I made it again, but I had to change a couple of things. I made it low-carb, to show you how you can use the keto diet in your own kitchen to cook delicious food.
An easy alternative to the traditional chicken parm is a keto chicken parm casserole. It’s similar to the traditional chicken parm recipe, but with a few key differences. For one, it’s keto-friendly! The other difference is that this keto chicken parm casserole is considerably easier to prepare than the traditional chicken parm.
Keto chicken parmesan casserole – This low-carb chicken parmesan casserole bakes in homemade marinara sauce and is topped with gooey mozzarella cheese in under 40 minutes.
Is it possible to eat chicken parmesan on a keto diet?
Yes, you certainly can! This low-carb chicken parmesan baked casserole is keto-friendly, and the cheese adds healthy fats and protein to the meal.
Is it possible to freeze the keto chicken parmesan casserole?
Without a doubt! Consume as much as you can, then keep the remainder in an airtight jar in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on 350F when ready to eat.
What’s the best way to serve this baked keto chicken parmesan casserole?
This is a stand-alone meal, but you may serve it with a leafy garden salad with mixed greens and roasted broccoli or asparagus as a low-carb side dish for chicken parmesan. You can make this with zoodles, low carb bread, or keto cheddar garlic biscuits.
Pork rinds — I used pork rinds to add texture, but you could also use 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese instead.
Marinara Sauce – Rao’s brand, Mezzetta’s brand, and ALDI’s marinara sauce are all low carb options. Alternatively, use the instructions below to make a simple homemade sauce.
- 28 ounces organic crushed tomatoes in a can (no salt added)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 teaspoon granular swerve (or erythritol)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- white wine, 1 tbsp
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh organic basil
- fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt
- To fry, heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the pan is heated, add the garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour in the wine and whisk vigorously until the majority of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine the smashed tomatoes, pepper, salt, swerve, and basil in a mixing bowl.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring regularly every 4-5 minutes.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
45 minutes to prepare
50-minute total time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pork rinds, ground
- 1 cup flour made from almonds
- 1 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, split
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dry
- 2 tablespoons powdered garlic
- a quarter teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- For frying, use olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sauce marinara
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Remove the item and put it away. Add the parmesan cheese cubes and crush until fine, similar to how the pork rinds were ground.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, along with 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate mixing dish, whisk the eggs. Each piece of chicken should be dipped in the egg and then into the dry breading mixture. Place on a platter and set away.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, add the oil, and fry the breaded chicken pieces one at a time for a few minutes on each side (don’t completely cook).
- Remove them from the frying pan and place them on a paper towel-lined dish. In a large mixing basin, combine the nuggets. Toss in 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and the marinara sauce until everything is well combined.
- Pour the ingredients into a 9′′ x 14′′ casserole or glass baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese are sprinkled on top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cheese is somewhat brown in color, in a preheated oven.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information on nutrition
Size of the Serving
Calories per serving (per serving): 403 23g total fat 7g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 14g of unsaturated fat 133 milligrams of cholesterol 918mg sodium 8g Carbohydrates 3 g of fiber 4 g sugar 36 g protein
All Chicken Dishes.com provides nutritional information for some of the recipes on the site. This data is given as a courtesy and is just a rough approximation. This data is derived from internet calculators. Despite the fact that allchickenrecipes.com makes every effort to offer correct nutritional information, these numbers are just approximations.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please post a picture on Pinterest or leave a comment on the blog.
Still famished! Other keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this keto chicken parmesan casserole with almond flour that I prepare every week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for a low-carb chicken parmesan casserole with pig rinds. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it.
Please pass this recipe along!
Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole – [EASY] Low Carb Parmesan Casserole Ingredients: 4 slices of parmesan cheese 2 chicken breasts 1/2 cup of heavy cream 1 cup of chicken broth 2 tablespoons of heavy cream 1 teaspoon of garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper 1/2 teaspoons of oregano 1/4 teaspoon of basil 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon 1/2 teaspoons of salt 1/2 teaspoon of pepper 1/2 teaspoon of paprika 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley. Read more about chicken parmesan casserole with cream cheese and let us know what you think.