I followed countless recipes to recreate the popular low carb chicken cutlet recipe and was very pleased with the results. Here are some tips I learned in the process: – Buy a good quality chicken tenderloin cutlet, do not use chicken breasts or thighs, they have too much fat. – Buy fresh parsley, it is very important for the finishing touch. – Grill the cutlets on both sides, until the outside is black. – Don’t cover the grill with aluminum foil, just leave it open. – Do not deep fry them, they will get soggy from the oil. – Salt and pepper them after cooking, they are not salty enough on the inside. – Use a good quality Parmesan, not the cheaper stuff.
I’m a self-confessed foodie, and I love food, lifestyle and fitness blogs. There’s something so inspiring about seeing other people’s interest and passion for cooking and food. I also love to experiment and learn new things.
The keto diet is not only incredibly effective for weight loss and quick, but it’s also great for your health, as it focuses on eating foods with a low-carb, moderate protein, and high fat content so that your body can enter into a state of ketosis.
Keto Chicken Cutlets — These low-carb chicken cutlets are crispy on the exterior and juicy on the inside, and they can be baked or pan-fried in under 10 minutes, making them ideal for a quick keto meal.
What exactly is a chicken cutlet?
A cutlet is a small slice of boneless, skinless chicken, turkey, or veal flesh. And the chicken cutlet is seasoned and battered before being deep-fried or baked.
I’ve previously published keto chicken nuggets, chicken milanese, keto chicken fried steak, and more fried cum baked chicken dishes. Take a look at these!
What You’ll Need To Make These Simple Low-Carb Chicken Cutlets
Almond Flour – I am making this keto chicken cutlets with almond flour, but if you don’t have it in hand then substitute with coconut flour (< buy it) or use a combination of both (1/4+1/4 cup)
Panko Breadcrumbs – I made this same recipe with panko crumbs (< buy it) and ti tastes very good, so definitely give it a try and make low carb chicken cutlets with pork rinds
Parmesan Cheese – Always use freshly grated or store-bought parmesan cheese; never use powdered parmesan cheese.
Eggs — I’m using eggs, but you could use melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper instead. Your egg replacement is now ready to use.
What Should You Serve With Keto Chicken Cutlets Parmesan?
I prefer to serve it with roasted vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, or steamed broccoli, or with cauliflower mash, salad, or dipping sauces.
If you’re not on a diet, serve with roasted potatoes, garlic fries, and other side dishes.
Baked Keto Chicken Cutlets
For the fried version, see the recipe card below.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a large baking sheet.
- Season the chicken cutlets with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and brush with melted butter (optional).
- Add almond flour and grated parmesan to a shallow dish. To mix, whisk everything together well.
- To another shallow dish, whisk the eggs. (or use the melted butter mentioned above as a replacement)
- One at a time, dip the chicken cutlets into the egg bowl, then lightly cover both sides in the almond flour mixture.
- Carry on with the rest of the pieces in the same manner.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and completely cooked through, on the baking sheet.
(Baked + Fried) Keto Chicken Cutlets
This low carb keto chicken cutlets are crispy on the exterior and soft and juicy on the inside, and they can be baked or pan fried in under 10 minutes, making them ideal for a quick keto meal.
5 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
5.0 out of 5 stars based on 1 review (s)
- 1 pound chicken breasts (about 2-3 chicken breasts), pounded to a thickness of 14 inch (0.5 cm)
- a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian spices
- seasoning with salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs or almond flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (butter or avocado oil)
- Italian spice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are used to season the chicken pieces.
- Combine the parmesan cheese and almond flour in a small basin.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture, then put them in the parmesan dish, shaking off the excess. Carry on with the remaining chicken cutlets in the same manner.
- Heat oil or butter in a big nonstick or heavy-duty pan over high heat, then add chicken cutlets in a single layer and fry for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Rep with the rest of the chicken cutlets.
- Done! Serve with roasted vegetables or a dipping sauce of your choice.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
So, guys, I hope you like this low-carb chicken cutlet dish that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for keto chicken breast cutlets. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
In a world that is obsessed with “low carb”, this low carb recipe for baked parmesan chicken cutlets is a great way to have your chicken and eat it. The parmesan shavings are a nice touch.. Read more about keto chicken cutlets with pork rinds and let us know what you think.