This Hasselback Chicken Breast recipe is the perfect meal for dieters and low-carb alike. The meat is tender, cooked evenly, and the crust is the perfect combination of crispy and crunchy to let you know it’s a chicken breast.
It is generally acknowledged that using spices to season and flavor food provides tremendous health benefits. But, what is the best way to use spices to not only enhance a dish, but also to provide nutritional value as well?
A ketogenic diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet, with a moderate amount of protein and a very low amount of carbohydrate. It is a proven system that has been used for almost a century for losing weight and more importantly, for keeping it off.
Keto Hasselback Chicken – Stuffed with spinach, ricotta, parmesan, cream cheese, and crumbled bacon, this Hasselback chicken keto dish is simple and delicious. Enjoy this protein-rich and low-carb Hasselback chicken breast with the whole family.
What is the Hasselback effect?
The word Hasselback comes from the Swedish Hasselback potatoes (Hasselbackspotatis), which are sliced halfway through into thin slices, covered with different toppings, and baked.
What is Hasselback Chicken, and how does it work?
The chicken breasts are split halfway through, filled with different toppings, then baked in this instance.
What Should You Serve With This Low-Carb Hasselback Chicken?
It’s so tasty that you could eat it on its own, but I like to serve it with a simple salad on the side. It may also be served with cauliflower rice or soup.
Is it possible to make this Keto Hasselback Chicken ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this wonderful spinach bacon and cheddar Hasselback chicken ahead of time. Place them in a freezer-safe container and freeze them. When you’re ready to reheat it, let it defrost overnight in the refrigerator before placing it in the oven.
Variations in Stuffing
- mozzarella and pepperoni
- Cheddar and ham
- Pesto with ham
- Goat cheese with spinach
- Basil, mozzarella, and tomato
- Ricotta and spinach
- Tomatoes, zucchini, and spinach
- Prosciutto with Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Pepper jack with spinach in a Cajun sauce
- Cream cheese with bacon
- Cream cheese with spinach
Keto Hasselback Chicken
This Hasselback chicken keto dish is filled with spinach, ricotta, parmesan, cream cheese, and crumbled bacon and is extremely simple to make. Enjoy this protein-rich and low-carb Hasselback chicken breast with the whole family.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 2 big skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 14 cup spinach, fresh
- a quarter-cup of ricotta cheese
- Provolone cheese, cut into tiny pieces, 1/2 ounce (or mozzarella)
- 1/2 ounces softened cream cheese (or mascarpone)
- a quarter-cup of cheddar cheese
- a quarter-cup of bacon crumbles
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until spinach has wilted, with a little oil.
- Cook for another second after adding the ricotta. Allow to cool before serving.
- Cut 12 inch incisions in the chicken breasts, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Combine the minced garlic, cream cheese, provolone cheese, and bacon in a small mixing bowl.
- Fill the slits with the spinach mixture first, then the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper, then top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the cheese has melted and the interior is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like this Hasselback chicken with spinach that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans seeking for Hasselback chicken with bacon. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
This is a Hasselback chicken breast recipe with a slow cooker recipe. It uses a slow cooker for preparation. The ingredients are minimal. The cooking time is less than 7 hours. The slow cooker recipe uses only one type of potato. The cooking process is also minimal. This chicken breast has no flour in it. This chicken breast is made out of one type of food, which is chicken breast. This recipe is suitable for the keto diet.. Read more about hasselback chicken bacon cheddar and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- hasselback chicken 4 ways
- hasselback chicken with cream cheese
- hasselback chicken keto
- hasselback chicken caprese
- hasselback chicken mozzarella