Fruit roll cakes are a type of cake that is made by rolling up pieces of fruit with cream and sugar. They can be served in many ways, including as a dessert, an appetizer, or even as a breakfast dish.
The korean roll cake is a type of fruit roll cake that is popular in Korea. It is made with a thin layer of cream and meringue.
A fruit roll cake with three types of fruit is today’s dessert. I used strawberries, kiwi, and mango in this recipe, but you may use whatever fruit you want. You may use a banana for the mango and muscat (shine muscat) grapes for the kiwi.
- 3 eggs
- 80 g of sugar (30g for yolks; 50g for egg whites)
- 40g milk
- 30 g oil for cooking
- 60 grams of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 300 g cream double
- 30 g of sugar
- a few fruits (strawberries, kiwi, mango, etc.)
- Separate the yolks and whites of the eggs.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla essence in a mixing dish. Whip the mixture until it becomes a light yellow color.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites with a hand mixer. To make a firm meringue, gradually add sugar while whipping. If you add sugar too soon, the meringue will not expand.
- In thirds, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture (2).
- Mix in the sifted cake flour gently.
- Mix milk, oil, and a small portion of the batter in a small mixing bowl before adding it to the remainder of the batter.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, pour in the batter, and use a scraper to level out the surface.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake for 12 minutes. (Because various ovens have varying baking times and temperatures, I suggest monitoring the cake while it bakes.)
- Allow the cooked cake sheet to cool fully on a cooling rack. (Remove the parchment paper after it has cooled.)
- In a mixing basin, whip the double cream and sugar until stiff. (Refrigerate the whipped cream until you’re ready to use it.)
- The fruit should be peeled and sliced up, then blotted dry using a paper towel.
- Place the fruit on top of the whipped cream on the top side of the roll cake.
- Roll the cake and cover it with whipped cream to keep the fruit bits in place. Only approximately 2/3 of the whipped cream was utilized. The remainder may be used to adorn the plates.
- Refrigerate the whipped cream for at least 1 hour to allow it to solidify. (I like to keep it in the fridge for the whole day.)
- Serve the cake on a platter, sliced up.
A square baking pan measuring 26x26cm was used.
- swiss roll cake
- strawberry swiss roll cake
- jelly roll cake
- japanese roll cake recipe junko