This frittata is a great way to use up leftover vegetables and cheese. It’s also a good way to start your day with a healthy meal, or get an impressive breakfast on the go.
An Italian frittata is a type of omelette that is made in a frying pan. It is traditionally composed of eggs, cheese, and vegetables. In this recipe, the asparagus is cooked with tomatoes and Fontina cheese. Read more in detail here: how to make an italian frittata with asparagus.
- a dozen big eggs
- 2 tbsp. whipped cream
- a quarter-teaspoon of salt
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 ounces trimmed asparagus, cut into 12-inch sections
- 1 seeded and diced tomato
- 3 oz. cubed fontina cheese
Use asparagus to capture the tastes of the garden with little effort when it is in season in the spring. It cooks fast in any methodâ€”steaming, boiling, grilling, or sauteing, as seen here—and it’s very simple to make. Simply hold one end of the spear in one hand and the other end in the other, and bend gently until the spear breaks, which will happen right where the stem begins to become woody. Asparagus comes with its own own sous chef.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing basin. Remove from the equation.
- Heat the oil and butter in a nonstick ovenproof skillet with a diameter of 912 inches over a medium temperature. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Cook for another 2 minutes after adding the tomato. Over the asparagus mixture, pour the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for approximately 2 minutes, or until the frittata is nearly set but the top is still runny.
- Place the skillet to the broiler for approximately 4 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and firm. Allow 2 minutes for the frittata to rest. Remove the frittata from the pan with a rubber spatula and transfer it to a dish.
- Serve the frittata by cutting it into wedges.
This recipe for asparagus frittata with feta cheese is a healthy and hearty dish. It’s made with asparagus, tomatoes, and Fontina cheese.
- asparagus tomato feta frittata
- asparagus frittata jamie oliver
- asparagus, tomato frittata
- asparagus frittata parmesan
- asparagus frittata giada