Hello, my fellow Pinoy! I am here to serve you with a delicious and easy recipe for Croquetas De Pollo (Chicken Croquettes)! These croquetas are a meaty treat meant to be shared with friends, family and loved ones. It is made with minced chicken, salt, crushed garlic, parsley, oregano and a little bit of cheddar cheese. It is best served with a side of rice and a meal that is nice and filling.
This year’s summer holiday was an excellent time to rest, get outside and enjoy the weather. But if you want to eat these delicious chicken croquettes instead of heating them up in the oven, you need to make it now! This recipe is adapted from one we found in the Spanish cookbook ” La cocina del autor” by José Luis Roldán.
This recipe is a basic recipe for croquettas, a spanish variation of a croque-madame. The recipe is very simple and easy to follow, and croquettas are really easy to make and taste great. Croquettas are basically a jam doughnut, and the taste is very close to the croque-madame, which is a french cheeseburger, however, what makes a croqueta, croquetta, croque-madame, croque-madame is the filling, which in this case is chicken, but you have other options like ham, or tuna, or even veggies.
Croquettes are prepared by frying a breaded food roll consisting of chicken, beef, veal, fish cheese, boiled eggs, mushrooms, and other ingredients. The dish is then topped with a bechamel or brown sauce drizzle. The options for creating croquettes are infinite, but for Croquetas De Pollo, the primary component is chicken, with other ingredients and condiments such as unsalted butter, Spanish onion, nutmeg, and milk making this meal unique and delicious. Croquette is derived from the French term croquer, which means “to crunch.” It is known in India as Aloo Tikki, which is packed with potatoes, and in Indonesia as Kroket, which is similarly filled with potatoes and minced meat.
Preparation of Chicken Croquetas
Recipe for Chicken Croquetas
- 14 cup butter (unsalted)
- 12 onion (Spanish)
- 12 CUP FLOUR (ALL-PURPOSE)
- 12 gallon whole milk
- 8 oz. cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- a third of a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 eggs, big
- 1 pound of breadcrumbs
- For frying, oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for approximately 5 minutes, or until golden. Add the flour, stir well, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the flour is golden brown and cooked through. Pour the milk into the flour mixture and whisk constantly for 2 minutes, or until a thick béchamel sauce forms.
- Cook for another 2 minutes after adding the chicken and seasoning with salt and nutmeg. You should now have a thick mixture in your palms that you may shape. Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hours after spreading it out on a baking sheet.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a tiny cylinder with your palms. Set the cylinder aside on the plate after rolling it in breadcrumbs, eggs, and breadcrumbs again. Repeat with the remaining mixture until 36 croquetas are made.
- Heat the frying oil to 375 degrees in a small deep frying pan. Add the croquetas in tiny batches, ensuring sure they are thoroughly coated with oil. Fry until golden brown, approximately 1 minute, then drain on a paper towel-lined tray. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
It’s called “Croquetas” in Spanish, which is how the dish got its name. Croquetas de Pollo is a simple recipe to prepare. These are tiny patties with a lot of flavor thanks to the spices and other ingredients. You’ll be drawn to the dish because of its salinity and crunch. The butter adds smoothness to the dish while the breadcrumbs make it crispy on the exterior. This dish is a must-have, particularly if you like presenting finger meals, since it can be served with other finger foods and beverages. Make two types of dip, such as Blue Cheese Dip and Creamy Tomato Dip, Green Sauce, and a basic table arrangement for a relaxing environment with the entire family to make the spread even better.
Children will like this meal, but they will appreciate it much more if you serve it with a ketchup or mayonnaise dip, which is easier on their palates. Instead of making this ahead of time because it may get soggy, fried it only minutes before serving to ensure it is hot and crispy.
Do you have any questions or suggestions about the recipe? Please leave a comment below. Also, like our Official Facebook Page for the most up-to-date Mexican Recipes. Thank you very much!
There are many ways to enjoy the beauty and simplicity of the game of croquet. One of the most unique of these is using chicken croquetas as a snack.. Read more about croquetas de pollo y papa and let us know what you think.