This recipe for Cheddar Cheese Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos is a great party recipe that is perfect for serving for game day. The slow cooker makes it easy to prepare your favorite foods, and the cheesy, comfort food recipe is perfect for a crowd.
When you need a hearty, filling meal, nothing beats a classic comfort food recipe like chicken nachos. But sometimes, it’s just not convenient to stop by a restaurant for dinner. Instead, whip up some fresh fillings at home and snack on these creamy, low-calorie chicken nachos.
Slow cooker recipes are usually pretty boring, so I was happy to find one with a twist. This recipe may look like your average, run-of-the-mill chicken nachos, but it’s not. Instead of relying on nacho cheese, the chicken is stir-fried with a Mexican seasoning and topped with jalapenos and cheese!
Crunchy tortilla chips, spicy green chilis, substantial chicken, sweet corn, and satisfying black beans are stacked in this Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos. These are ideal for game day, any party, or simply a quick evening meal for you and your family!
Nachos are a staple in our home nearly every week. These are easy to make and always a fan favorite, whether we make them after school or after weekend events. Toppings may be added and altered to suit the season as well as our emotions, making this dish even more delectable!
Is it possible to make these nachos using frozen chicken?
Yes, you certainly can! It will only change the amount of time it takes to cook. You’ll need to cook it for 6 hours on high instead of 3.5 hours on high! After 6 hours, shred the chicken. At this stage, you should be able to go on to the broiler portion of the recipe.
What is the best way to make this dish in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely! Instead of using a slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot’s base. Mix well, then put the top on top and seal. Ensure that the valve is set to ‘Seal.’ Set the timer for 24 minutes on manual pressure. When the cook time is over, gently release the pressure manually. Mix well after shredding the chicken with two forks. Continue with Step 5 of the recipe card below to top the chips with the mixture. This recipe is very adaptable!
Our Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos are made with the following ingredients:
- Soup with Cream of Chicken
- Beans, black
- Cheddar is a kind of cheese.
- Chiles, diced
To create our Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos, follow these steps:
To begin, open all of the canned goods. The black beans and corn should be drained and rinsed. Then, in a crockpot or slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients: uncooked chicken, drained corn and black beans, Rotel, Green Chiles, and both cream of chicken soups.
Stir until all of the ingredients are completely combined. Cook for 3 hours on high. After the 3 hours have elapsed, shred the chicken with two forks. Cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit and turn on the broiler. Arrange tortilla chips in an equal layer on a baking sheet. After that, evenly distribute the shredded chicken mixture on top of the chips. Finally, top with 1-2 cups of shredded cheese.
Cook for 1-2 minutes under the broiler on the baking sheet. DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT WALKING AWAY!!! You don’t want to burn this dish since broilers heat up differently. Because this step is just for melting the cheese, it takes less than 2 minutes. Remove from the oven after the cheese has melted and serve!
Check out the recipes below if you like easy and tasty meals. Everything was ready in about 30 minutes!
CASSEROLE WITH BAKED CHICKEN AND PARMESAN CHEESE
CHICKEN FAJITAS IN ONE PAN
TACOS WITH SHREDDED BUFFALO CHICKEN
Do you like quick and easy recipes? Subscribe to our newsletters below, and we’ll send them to you right away!
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
3 hours and 30 minutes to cook
3 hours 35 minutes total time
- 1 1/4 pound tenderloins or breasts of uncooked chicken
- 1 drained can of black beans
- 1 Rotel can (not emptied)
- 1 drained can of sweet corn
- Cream of Chicken Soup (two cans)
- 1 green chile can (diced)
- 2 CUP CHEDDAR CHEESE, SHREDDED
- 1 Tortilla Chips Bag
- Cilantro as a garnish
- To begin, open all of the canned goods. The black beans and corn should be drained and rinsed.
- Then, in a crockpot or slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Shred the chicken with two forks after 3 or 6 hours has elapsed. Cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit and turn on the broiler.
- Arrange tortilla chips in an equal layer on a baking sheet. After that, evenly distribute the chicken mixture on top of the chips.
- Finally, top with 1-2 cups of shredded cheese. Cook for 1-2 minutes under the broiler on the baking sheet. DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT WALKING AWAY!!! At this stage, you’re simply melting the cheese, so it’ll take less than 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven after the cheese has melted and serve! If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 216 calories 11g total fat 4g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 6 g of unsaturated fat 19 milligrams of cholesterol 696mg sodium 22g carbohydrate 3 g of fiber 1 gram of sugar 8 g protein
(Nutritional information is an estimate that may vary depending on cooking techniques and ingredient brands utilized.)
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please leave a comment on the blog or use Instagram to submit a picture.
Your Mum has been making the same recipe for nachos since you were a child. They are really simple and quick, but they are delicious. The only problem with them is that they are the same every time.. Read more about chicken nachos recipe and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- chicken nachos recipe
- creamy nachos recipe
- incredible recipes creamy chicken nachos
- crockpot chicken nachos with rotel and cream of chicken soup
- crockpot creamy chicken nachos incredible recipes