This is a recipe for creamy chicken Gorgonzola pasta sauce. I love Italian food, good pasta and this sauce is one of the best I’ve ever had. This sauce is the perfect topping to the delicious chicken you can find in the frozen section of your grocery store. You can also use this sauce for other pasta dishes.
This is a recipe that I have been working on for a while now. It is a creamy sauce that goes well with Chicken, Gorgonzola Cheese and Pasta. The sauce is a bit sweet, maybe a little spicy and has a nice garlic flavor. I also made a delicious side dish with it. I used this sauce to make a delicious Chicken and Gorgonzola Cheese Pasta dish.
Do you like some of the flavors of the popular Gorgonzola cheese without the calories? This creamy chicken Gorgonzola pasta sauce is just for you.
We stayed at Wine Relais Feudi del Pisciotto in Niscemi, along the southern portion of Sicily. Niscemi is a remote town – a couple hours’ drive from our ferry landing in Messina. But so worth it!
This is a beautiful hotel with a vineyard on the premises, my friends. Staying in a location like this is such a pleasure. Just being in the presence of such beauty made me feel pampered.
There is no limit to the riches that may be found in Italy.
There were a total of ten rooms in the hotel.
On the first night, we were the only ones there. I think there were a few more rooms filled on the second night.
Take a look out the window of what used to be the stable at night. That’s the kind of stable I’d like to live in!
Those doors, too!
Breakfast — even on the day where we were the only guests – was plentiful and amazing. Fresh fruit, thinly sliced salami and prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and other cheeses, yogurts, cereal, fresh juices, various breads, sliced tomatoes and much more. Most importantly (this is how you know you’re being pampered) there was a chilled bottle of prosecco for our enjoyment.
Jeff was on a business trip, so there was no indulging (for him!).
We ate both evenings at the hotel’s excellent restaurant.
Since we were in Sardinia, I’ve been a huge admirer of gorgonzola.
One of my favorite pizza toppings is gorgonzola, so I was delighted to find it on the menu. I really liked a pasta meal with the creamy gorgonzola spaghetti sauce. It was incredible.
For the following several weeks, I kept thinking about that spaghetti.
Finally, when visiting Alyssa and Zach in Idaho, I decided to make a gorgonzola pasta dish.
It was a lot simpler than I had anticipated. The creamy gorgonzola adds a lot of flavor and texture to this dish.
Folks, gorgonzola spaghetti sauce is a calorie-dense dish. It’s true that a little goes a long way.
I used pre-washed baby spinach since it was easier. This meal may, of course, be made with any fresh spinach.
And then there were the walnuts…
Please follow through on this. Before serving, just a sprinkling over the spaghetti. They complement the gorgonzola well!
Pasta Sauce with Creamy Chicken Gorgonzola
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1 pound diced chicken breast
- butter (1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- half a lemon (to squeeze over chicken)
- 2/3 gallon of heavy cream (you may want a little more cream)
- a third of a cup of gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I prefer coarse grind)
- 1 box baby spinach from Dole, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (for garnish)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes with the chicken before squeezing the lemon juice over it.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through (approx. 6 minutes total, but this will depend on how you cubed the chicken).
- Take the chicken out of the pan and put it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Combine the heavy cream, gorgonzola, parmesan, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Continue to cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and continue to cook until everything is fully heated.
- Add the spinach and simmer until it begins to wilt, then serve immediately over your favorite pasta.
- Chop walnuts to serve as a garnish.
A new recipe, made with the following ingredients: – 1/2 cup of butter – 2 garlic cloves – 1/2 cup of parsley – 1/2 cup of fresh basil – 1/4 cup of capers – 1/2 cup of flour – 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon of salt – 1/2 pint of heavy cream This recipe is so good, you don’t even need to add any pasta to the ingredients. It is creamy, with a hint of garlic and capers.. Read more about chicken gorgonzola mushroom recipe and let us know what you think.