Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways are a decadent, rich and sweet dessert that is easy to make.
In this recipe, you will be melting the chocolate and peanut butter together in a pot on low heat. Once they are melted, add the rest of the ingredients and stir until it is smooth.
- 1 jar crunchy peanut butter (12 oz.)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (12 stick + 1 tablespoon) at room temperature, plus more if required
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 12 CUP CRISPY RICE CRUMBLES
- 11 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening (vegetarian)
Increasing the temperature of the chocolate to about 115°F and then cooling it to around 90°F allows it to set more easily.
- Aluminum foil should be used to line a baking pan. Cream the peanut butter and butter together in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar gradually. The cereal will crumble as you stir it in. (Because the moisture content of peanut butter varies by brand, if the peanut butter mixture is crumbly, add additional softened butter until it is pliable.) Roll the mixture into balls, approximately 1 tablespoon each, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. While the chocolate is melting, chill the balls.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the top portion of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring periodically, until smooth and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the chocolate registers 115°F to 120°F. Turn off the heat. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool to 88°F to 90°F in a small dish, stirring periodically.
- In the palm of one hand, dab a dab of chocolate. Â Take a peanut-butter ball in your hands and roll it between your palms to cover it gently with chocolate. Return the chocolate-coated ball to the baking sheet lined with foil. Carry on with the remaining balls in the same manner. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set and the balls readily emerge from the foil.
The gardners peanut butter meltaway recipe is a delicious chocolate and peanut butter dessert that will melt in your mouth.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Peanut Butter Meltaway?
A Peanut Butter Meltaway is a chocolate peanut butter cookie with a peanut butter filling sandwiched between two chocolate cookies.
Who made peanut butter meltaways?
This is a question that cannot be answered.
What is chocolate peanut butter made of?
Chocolate is made of cocoa solids, cocoa butter, sugar and vanilla. Peanut butter is made of ground peanuts, salt, sugar and other ingredients that are used to bind the peanut.
- peanut butter meltaways pennsylvania
- peanut butter meltaway fudge
- peanut butter meltaway balls
- peanut butter meltaway cookies
- peanut butter meltaway eggs