Chicken Marsala is a simple, yet richly flavored sauce that pairs beautifully with pasta and is great served with a side of crusty bread. This recipe makes a flavorful sauce that is great with any pasta dish and is perfect as a side dish.
Chicken Marsala has always been one of my favorite Italian food recipes. However, I would often find it difficult to get the cream to emulsify into the sauce. Today, I am here to share with you my quick and easy method to getting the sauce to emulsify.
Chicken Marsala – Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
Marsala sauce for chicken: It is an Italian-American dish made from Marsala wine, chicken cutlets & mushrooms. There are many varieties throughout Italy and It is a variation of traditional Italian scaloppini dishes.
To create a wonderful Chicken Marsala, all you need is garlic, mustard, and heavy cream. If you prepare it correctly at home, it tastes precisely like a 5-star restaurant. The creamy sauce in marsala wine is what gives it such a unique taste.
From childhood itself, I am not a mushroom fan but if you want to give great texture & flavor to the Chicken Marsala then these tender mushroom will work here. And if don’t like to use the mushrooms then no worries the Creamy Chicken Marsala is one that you will make again though It is deliciously packed with such awesome flavor.
Chicken Marsala is a classic recipe that every cook should know how to make it. Just a few ingredients, to be put together and it’s ready. Complemented by a silky Marsala wine sauce (Click to get Sauce recipe), flour-dusted chicken is quickly seared and studded with mushrooms, garlic & shallots. I love to serve Chicken Marsala with cooked pasta but it can be also served with mashed potatoes or rice and then also it will be delicious.
Chicken Marsala comes across sophisticated & elegant and even though it is extremely easy to make just by adding simple ingredients. If you haven’t stuffed a chicken before – don’t worry! It’s very easy!. Simply cut the chicken in horizontal to make a pocket.
Chicken Marsala in a Slow Cooker
- Lightly oil your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper before placing it in the slow cooker’s bottom.
- Mushrooms, garlic, and marsala wine go on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, covered.
- To transfer chicken to a plate, make sure to use a slotted spoon. Whisk together cornstarch & water until dissolved, then pour into slow cooker and stir.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, cover, and simmer on high for another 20-30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Serve with a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of parsley on top.
Chicken Marsala Stuffed
- Make pockets in the chicken breasts with a knife. Season the pockets with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Stuff each breast with a slice of prosciutto and a piece of Fontina. Chicken breasts should be dipped in flour.
- Heat the pan and add the oil, then brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Take the chicken breasts out of the skillet.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a pan over high heat until they are browned.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes after adding the Marsala to the skillet.
- Now Return the chicken to the pan with the chicken stock. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on low. Place the chicken on a serving dish.
- Thicken your sauce with flour & butter, and whisk it.
This is a Stuffed Chicken Marsala and Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala variation, but you should prepare the original recipe below.
Still famished!! Here are some chicken dishes to try:
Every chef should be familiar with the Chicken Marsala dish. To create a wonderful Chicken Marsala, all you need is garlic, mustard, and heavy cream.
10 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- Combine the salt, pepper flour, and oregano in a mixing basin. Using the flour mixture, coat the chicken pieces.
- Melt butter in oil over medium heat (in a large skillet).
- Place chicken in the pan and cook, until lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in sherry & wine. Cover skillet cook chicken for 10 minutes until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Chicken Marsala Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Chicken Lovers who are looking for Chicken Marsala will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram. You can also check my other recipes on Chicken Curry & Chicken Quesadilla.
Please pass this recipe along!
Chicken Marsala is such a comforting Italian dish. I decided to try out this recipe and I ended up with a dish that was so creamy and yummy. Do try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you!. Read more about the absolute best chicken marsala recipe emeril and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you thicken Chicken Marsala sauce?
You can thicken the sauce by adding flour or cornstarch.
What type of Marsala wine is best for Chicken Marsala?
The best wine for Chicken Marsala is a dry red wine with a fruity flavor. A good example of this would be the Pinot Noir or Chianti wines.
How do you add flavor to Chicken Marsala?
You can add flavor to Chicken Marsala by adding in a variety of spices. Some popular ones include nutmeg, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.